By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony BMG has pirate software license

Sony BMG has 'pirate software license'

A small software company has carried out a raid on Sony BMG and found it is using a pirated license for software.

Point Dev, the French firm, said that following the investigation it found the illegal installation of the software on four servers in the company, reports O1.net.

The firm is now claiming 300,000 euros (£239,000) in compensation, saying it is a matter of "principle".

Paul-Henry Agustoni, chief executive officer of PointDev, said: "We are not interested in an amicable settlement. It is not just a question of money but more importantly in principle."

"We are forced to watch every week if key software pirates are not on the Internet. We are a small company of six employees. Instead of trying to protect us, we could spend this time to develop ourselves," he added.

The software company was alerted to the pirate licenses when an employee from the company requested technical support for the programme.

Recent predictions from the Business Software Alliance said that around 27 per cent of all software used in companies is pirated.

http://www.centennial-software.com/company/news/id/18528855/

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

That is such bull shit. Give the damn little company the money they deserve.

wasnt this last year?

^im not sure,it was posted today

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Shame on Sony BMG.

Around the Network

the thread leaves me saying one word. "Wut?"

Pixel Art can be fun.

I wonder if they got it from The Piratebay?

Pretty hypocritical if true, considering how much the entertainment industry complains about piracy.

The lawsuit was launched in febuary of this year.  The incident was discovered in 2007.Why post something so old.

oh and they really should pay big for it in principle.

While this is old, I still find it amusing that one of the companies that screws over their legitimate customers the most to stop piracy is themselves guilty of it.

You do not have the right to never be offended.