By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamecube RPG's?

Makepeacefox said:
ItsaMii said:
I have played:
Tales of Symphonia (the best RPG for me last generation)
Paper Mario TYD - generic gameplay, but brilliant dialogue
Fire Emblem PoR - not as good as the sequel, but a solid SRPG

I've got a question for those of you who have played Tales of Symphonia:

I am tempted to buy this but the cheapest I can find it is around £30 which is the same price as I can pre-order "Tales Of Symphonia: Dawn Of The New World" for the Wii. Do you think it is worth buying the the Gamecube version or just waiting for the Wii version or should I buy both?!

Definitely buy the the first Symphonia for the GC as the two are not the same game and it will give you a better understanding of DotNW. It's such a great game, you won't regret it.

Around the Network

It's a small list, but a quality one.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@makepeacefox

Get both. You get like 60-80hr out of the original and it was a great game, so it isn't a bad price at all. I don't know how long Dawn of the New World will be, but I'm sure it will be good too.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

@Wetcoaster and Nordlead:

Tales of Symphonia for GC now ordered and I'll pre-order DotNW if I like this one.

Thanks for the advice. Always good when people tell you to buy something - stops the feelings of "Do I really need this?" guilt ;)

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3308-4850-9342 / STEAM ID: makepeacefox

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

"Watchmen" is far better than The Dark Knight / Why does no-one own this wonderful game: Fragile Allegiance? / Speak (Type) Italian to me!

Disloyal member of the LFGM

Tales of Symphonia and Paper Mario, those are the only ones you need for now.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."