By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - SONY own Australia

ckmlb said:
Neos said:
ckmlb said:

According to this article, Sony has outsold the Wii and 360 on a weekly basis except for the last week when the Wii outsold it. It says that the Wii stands at 100k in Australia since launch in December, while PS3 is at 50k since launch in March.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/29/ps3-outsells-wii-and-xbox-360-in-australia/

With 50,000 units sold since March, Sony is ecstatic to exclaim that PS3 is the top selling system in Australia and has been outselling the Wii and Xbox 360 every week.

"Based on GfK since launch, PS3 has been the number one next-gen console, outselling Wii and Xbox 360 every week, except for last week."

The Wii has sold twice as many units, but has been out since Dec. 7. The PS3 has been consistently selling more units each week since its March 23 launch (except for last week according to Ephraim).

So they aren't exactly spinning, they are saying it is the weekly sales of the PS3 surpassing the 360 and Wii since the PS3 launcb in March 23 with the exception of last week.

They didn't say the PS3 has sold more in total than the Wii, they are saying it was selling at a weely rate higher than the Wii until recently.

Which is not true, oh come on ckmlb..

So the Gfk numbers are totally made up?

read what happysquirrel, ioi and mrstickball said.............

Sony has totally twisted the truth

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
Neos said:
ckmlb said:
Neos said:
ckmlb said:

According to this article, Sony has outsold the Wii and 360 on a weekly basis except for the last week when the Wii outsold it. It says that the Wii stands at 100k in Australia since launch in December, while PS3 is at 50k since launch in March.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/29/ps3-outsells-wii-and-xbox-360-in-australia/

With 50,000 units sold since March, Sony is ecstatic to exclaim that PS3 is the top selling system in Australia and has been outselling the Wii and Xbox 360 every week.

"Based on GfK since launch, PS3 has been the number one next-gen console, outselling Wii and Xbox 360 every week, except for last week."

The Wii has sold twice as many units, but has been out since Dec. 7. The PS3 has been consistently selling more units each week since its March 23 launch (except for last week according to Ephraim).

So they aren't exactly spinning, they are saying it is the weekly sales of the PS3 surpassing the 360 and Wii since the PS3 launcb in March 23 with the exception of last week.

They didn't say the PS3 has sold more in total than the Wii, they are saying it was selling at a weely rate higher than the Wii until recently.

Which is not true, oh come on ckmlb..

So the Gfk numbers are totally made up?

read what happysquirrel, ioi and mrstickball said.............

Sony has totally twisted the truth

The fact that the PS3 launched later, doesn't stop it from being true that it was outslling the Wii at a weekly basis according to the GfK numbers. It could mean it was the tail end of the launch sales but it's still true it's not a lie. They aren't making it up, but you people are acting like they are.

Everyone knows the PS3 launched later so is probably still selling higher than normal because of that, but it's not twisting the truth. It is the truth. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

So basically you didn't check the numbers at all before posting this right since they show the PS3 within 5% of this data. Either that or you purposely made a misleading title Sony did this exact same thing a month ago I believe in Europe I think they said fastest selling console in Europe or fastest to 1 million which is all well and good and if it is convincing people to buy more power to them but before you say owns look at the overall numbers DS and PSP dominate the Austrailian market and if it has to be a console its the Xbox 360 right now I'm not saying the article is lying I'm saying your misinterpreting domination from it.

Neos said:
finalsquall said:
Neos said:
finalsquall said:
I was going to post this but seeing I'm new and all. I thought nah. So I posted it on ps forum in au. I do believe it, as I am an Aussie :D Sony is dominate in Oz and once Blue Ray gets out into the wider community, we will see the ps3 soar. I show all my friends and family Blue Ray and they get excited about it. We don;t have many hd dvd around so the main focus is Blue Ray. The ps3 is the cheaper option atm. So I think that side of the ps3 will be a major factor in ps3 sales. Also as the artical says. Harvey Norman ( major multi-store) is selling ps3 as blue ray players.

did you even read what the above people said, particulary ioi / mrstickball

No not really. Just skimmed it. Is that how you treat newbies? I'm not here to read every post. I do believe the majority of the ps3 sales have been by gamers compared to blue ray players. Ayways just imo.

Usually, when you are on a forum, yes, you read every post, especially the ones made by mods cause they know a lot =)

Trust me, I have been around this forum for a while and read alot of the stuff that is posted daily.  it's like midnite and I don't wanna read, so I don't unless it interest me.   

Quote: They didn't say the PS3 has sold more in total than the Wii, they are saying it was selling at a weely rate higher than the Wii until recently. Quote

that's the way I see it.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Why should anyone trust you?

Around the Network

Sony is claiming that they will be the fastest console to reach 100.000 units sold. They have yet to proove it. As of now they just barely sold the half of that. PS3 launches have always been quite successfull... no surprise there. It would surprise me if they will reach 100.000 units sold by the end of the year. And if they do, Wii will outsell it with atleast a 3 to 1!

FishyJoe said:
Why should anyone trust you?

LOL, that's fine :P  Atleast I'm not the fishy one.  I do like this forum and I like alot of the stuff some members post.  Good set up but i'm still questioning if this can be a home to post. So far don't seem that friendly. But oh well you get that. :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Neos said:
leo-j said:
Yes its true said by the official ps myspace blog, the ps3 has outsold BOth the wii and 360, and Ive noticed something in sales numbers the wii sales have been slowly DROPPING along with 360 sales, and the ps3 sales are slowly RISING, my signature isnt so krazy after all is it?

haha, leo-j, you keep cracking us all up, i don't know why i even read your posts, it's all pure bs..

A week ago the wii sales were up around the 70,000 range and now they are down around the 60,000(in USA) abd the ps3 was at 20,000 and slightly rose to 22,000, while the 360 dropped from 45,000 to 40,000, its not bs its whats happenin.

mM

Don't you already see that as a twisting of the truth? Claiming you are the best selling console because your weekly sales are more but your overall sales aren't? Everyone here agrees that its most likely due to launching almost 4 months after the wii, and the numbers obviously agree. The wii has sold 100k in 8 months, the PS3 50k in 4 months...and yet they are claiming they are the best selling console.

I would guess they are saying this now because it looks like this lead in weekly sales is ending, but thats just me. It doesn't matter if they are "lying" or not, it is still twisting the truth since the wii has sold just as much if not more than the ps3 when the time periods are taken into account...

leo-j said:
Neos said:
leo-j said:
Yes its true said by the official ps myspace blog, the ps3 has outsold BOth the wii and 360, and Ive noticed something in sales numbers the wii sales have been slowly DROPPING along with 360 sales, and the ps3 sales are slowly RISING, my signature isnt so krazy after all is it?

haha, leo-j, you keep cracking us all up, i don't know why i even read your posts, it's all pure bs..

A week ago the wii sales were up around the 70,000 range and now they are down around the 60,000(in USA) abd the ps3 was at 20,000 and slightly rose to 22,000, while the 360 dropped from 45,000 to 40,000, its not bs its whats happenin.

that's because of shipment and lack of quality games, once both get better sales will be increasing significantly aswel. You still got a lot to learn in this industry leo..it's sad you post before you think

Enough said. 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!