By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Reasons Why Samus Is More Bad Ass Than Master Chief

http://gonintendo.com/?p=51377

http://www.gTop 10 Reasons Why Samus Is More Bad Ass Than Master ChiefWade Westfall

Posted on Aug 1, 2008 10:59:53 AM by:

Now, don’t get me wrong here, I love Halo.  It’s just, I’ve come to realize that Samus is way more Bad Ass then Master Chief.  You might not realize it yet, but I’m sure by the end of this countdown, it will open a new light in your eyes.

10.  She shows her face.

While Master Chief runs around in his helmet all day long, probably sweating like a dog, Samus is…well she’s pretty much doing the same thing.  Except for the fact that after Samus gets done doing her mission, she shows a little gut, and takes off her helmet to show the world that she is female.  Honestly, for all we know, Master Chief could be a girl too…but, lets be honest, if Bungie decided to pull that one on us, Halo would no longer exist.

9.  She can morph into a ball.

Ok, so it doesn’t seem like the most useful trick at first; but its actually pretty damn awesome when you start to think about it.  Not only is it amazing that she is flexible enough to contort herself into a ball, but its also got some neat little tricks to it as well.  For starters, it can lay bombs on the ground, it can climb up walls, and it can boost itself up skateboarding ramps with ease (or at least things shaped like skateboarding ramps).  And don’t try and tell me that you guys wouldn’t wanna go out with a chick thats that flexible.

8.  She works alone.

Unlike Master Chief, who runs around and takes orders from the “higher ups”, Samus doesn’t taking orders from anyone.  Sure, she gets a single order from the Galactic Federation, telling her which planet she needs to go to, but that’s it.  From there on out, she does it all on her own, she doesn’t have little foot soldiers running around with her like the Chief does.  The only time Samus actually took orders from someone in a game, was during fusion and Metroid Prime three.  Not to mention that at the end of fusion she blew up the space station!  I don’t see Master Chief blowing up any of his allied space stations.

7.  She is the mother to a Metroid.

So, it’s not technically her child, but if you’ve played Super Metroid or Metroid II, then you know that a certain Metroid mistakes Samus for being it’s mother.  Don’t tell me that being the mother to a creature that sucks the life out of anything it touches, isn’t awesome.  Plus, this Metroid was about five times the size of an average one, as far as I’m concerned, that makes it five times as awesome. Along with how it saved her life a couple times is pretty awesome too.  Lets face it,  no matter how hard Master Chief tries, he could never have a child as awesome as a Metroid.

6.  From Bounty Hunter to Outlaw.

There has been ten Metroid games in total, and throughout all of those games Samus has been a Bounty Hunter: Working for the Federation.  But, as stated earlier, she did end up blowing up one of the Federations space station at the end of Metroid Fusion.  And did she care?  Of course not.  She is gonna blow em up, one way or another.  In the next Metroid game, we can expect Samus to now be fighting off Galactic Federation troops, along with aliens of all sort.

5.  She has a cannon for an arm.

Assuming Master Chief and Samus were fighting, who do you think would win?  Lets see,  the Chief would be running around the entire place, looking for various weapons lying around.  While Samus would just whip out her arm and start firing missiles (both normal, and super) at him simultaneously.  Don’t run from the obvious, Samus would kick Master Chief’s ass in a fight.  Altogether, her arm has 10 different guns (all that can be charged), 6 different missiles, and even a laser beam grappling hook.

4.  She has kick ass suits.

Master Chief, sure his suit if cool, but all it has is a shield and a flashlight.  Samus, on the other hand, has a barrage of suits at her disposal.  She has one that can walk through water, just as if it were on land.  She has one that allows her to walk through lava, without getting burned.  She even has one that lets he walk on top of Phazon: One of the deadliest substances in the entire Universe.  Sometimes, she doesn’t even use a suit, she will run around with her pistol, and her blue skin tight clothes, and take on those Space Pirates.

3.  She fights awesome enemies.

Samus has fought awesome bosses and enemies alike.  Whether it be a statue that comes to life, a gigantic rock golem, or a humongous dinosaur that can shoot spikes out of its belly.  Or maybe she’ll just fight some smaller thing, like Space Pirates, Metroid, or alien bee’s.  Hell, it wouldn’t surprise me if in the next game she fought a two headed bear with lobster claws and a scorpion tail, she’d probably get some new god-like suit from it too, who knows.

2.  Her arch enemy is a Dragon.

While Master Chief doesn’t technically have a single arch enemy, Samus does.  Ridley is his name, and if you don’t know who he is, then you’ve never played a Metroid game before.  He always seems to come back too (just like Freddy and Jason).  You kill him once, he comes back again in the next game.  Kill him again, you find out that Space Pirates rebuilt him, making him part robot (commonly known as Mecha Ridley).  He just doesn’t give up!  Either way, Ridley has got to be one of the coolest arch enemies I’ve ever seen.  I doubt Master Chief ever fought a dragon.  Much less one that’s half robot.

1. She loves to blow up planets.

Come on guys.  If blowing up planets isn’t completely bad ass, then I don’t know what is.   Sure, Master Chief has helped blow up a Halo or two, but he has never done it single handedly.  Not only that, Samus seems to do it more than just on occasion.  Sometimes it’s on purpose, sometimes it’s and accident, either way, Samus loves blowing up planets, along with a couple Space Stations here and there.

Hopefully, by now, you realize just how bad ass Samus is.  Unlike Mr. Goodie Two Shoes Master Chief, Samus doesn’t take shit from anyone, or anything.  I bet she’d take on god if he got in her way.

amersplatform.com/2008/08/01/top-10-reasons-why-samus-is-more-bad-ass-than-master-chief/

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Totally agree

Great reasons. And I agree wholeheartedly.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

#1.5 She doesn't say anything, and thus, doesn't say anything cheesy.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

I agree, fan boys won't. Though you pointed it out, you didn't make it one of the Top 10. Samus is bad ass becuase she's a hot warrior women in body armour :P

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network

Nice reasons.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

She is hotter than him

^_^

good list.

You forgot #11!

11. Because I would rather stare at her all day than at Master Chief. (That's just me nothing wrong if you have an alternative view).

tbh...id say MC has more style.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur