By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dreamcast Emulator to be ported to PS3, Wii and Pandora? - NullDC

Null DC to be Ported to Pandora, Wii and PS3 - Dreamcast Emulator

Posted By: wraggster

drk||Raziel has posted some very interesting news for fans of his Dreamcast Emulator and also those interested in getting a Pandora Console and owners of PS3 and Nintendo Wii

After the code is cleaned up/rewriten there are plans to port to pandora and possibly other consoles (wii seems like a nice target, ps3 if theres a way to get 3D access). ALL THIS MAY(OR MAY NOT) COME AFTER THE CODE IS REWRITEN, SO DONT ASK ABOUT IT NOW(you’l just waste your time, realy). The code will be open sourced as soon as it gets stable.

Videos of Null DC here

http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk/null-dc-to-be-ported-to-pandora-wii-and-ps3-dreamcast-emulator-128618.html

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

That would be cool, since Nintendo seems reluctant to put DC games on the VC.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I don't think a PS3 version is going to be possible , the bost thing in the PS3 homebrew scene right now is BD-J Snake and Pong.

I don't see too much point in this to be honest. This is all you need to play all the games you want that were on Dreamcast.

+

This isn't exactly wallet breaking. Maybe $40 total.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Some people dont have the room. Plus you could have high def hookup without the need for a vga port or custom cables. I also believe that DC emulators can improve a games look, but I'm not sure on that.

Did anyone see the vids of a DC emulator on the PSP?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
sieanr said:
Some people dont have the room. Plus you could have high def hookup without the need for a vga port or custom cables. I also believe that DC emulators can improve a games look, but I'm not sure on that.

Did you watch the videos provided? Posted a few days ago on some forum are videos of this emulator running Shenmue and only able to run Shenmue, at like 5 frames per second. They still have problems with running N64 emulators. The reason I provided the alternative is because it'll be years before the entire library of Dreamcast is working without bugs. Nothing beats the real thing.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

I don't see too much point in this to be honest. This is all you need to play all the games you want that were on Dreamcast.

+

This isn't exactly wallet breaking. Maybe $40 total.

It is crazy most people don't know they can do this.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

i still think it would be cool to download dreamcast games of the virtual console on my Wii

Onyxmeth said:
sieanr said:

Did you watch the videos provided? Posted a few days ago on some forum are videos of this emulator running Shenmue and only able to run Shenmue, at like 5 frames per second. They still have problems with running N64 emulators. The reason I provided the alternative is because it'll be years before the entire library of Dreamcast is working without bugs. Nothing beats the real thing.

The problems with N64 emulators are minor. Most games run fine and look better as well. Don't forget high definition texture packs. But yeah the DC is sort of in a different league. It'll take some more time to get them(emulators) running at a good clip.

my Dreamcast collection

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout