By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eiji Aonuma: Wii won't alienate core gamers

Well said, naznatips.

Around the Network
DonWii said:
And it begins with Metroid Prime 3 in August.

And it ends with Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

I hope not, but just a thought...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

diegomoroco777 said:
Legend, I think you should get ready too, because MS has talked about drastically increasing their casual projects.

But MS will never go the Nintendo route. They will go for some casual stuff but it won't be the focus.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Yes yes!! Make me feel that my purchase was worth $250 and not $99!! Wiimote sensitivity and accuracy is screwed! Just simply swing like a caveman, is all needed to play. No precision of any sort. The graphics is really fubar, I simply cant recognise a thing I see on the screen.

ckmlb said:
diegomoroco777 said:
Legend, I think you should get ready too, because MS has talked about drastically increasing their casual projects.

But MS will never go the Nintendo route. They will go for some casual stuff but it won't be the focus.

It's not the focus now... why does everyone suddenly think Nintendo is focusing on nothing but casual?  Is it really just because they started a new series of casual games (the Wii plays, sports, etc.)??? There is no evidence whatsoever of Nintendo dropping the hardcore.  All they did was add to their market.  I wish people would at least shut the hell up about this till E3.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
ckmlb said:
diegomoroco777 said:

It's not the focus now... why does everyone suddenly think Nintendo is focusing on nothing but casual? Is it really just because they started a new series of casual games (the Wii plays, sports, etc.)??? There is no evidence whatsoever of Nintendo dropping the hardcore. All they did was add to their market. I wish people would at least shut the hell up about this till E3.

Well said, naznatips.

naznatips said:
ckmlb said:
diegomoroco777 said:

It's not the focus now... why does everyone suddenly think Nintendo is focusing on nothing but casual?  Is it really just because they started a new series of casual games (the Wii plays, sports, etc.)??? There is no evidence whatsoever of Nintendo dropping the hardcore.  All they did was add to their market.  I wish people would at least shut the hell up about this till E3.

Basically some think it because of what happened at Nintendo's gamer's day.  Instead of announcing any core/hardcore games they simply said they were going to focus on the casual audience.  People will mention Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl as examples of things still being the same but they have to remember those were announced over a year ago.  Ask yourself this, after those three games are out what other hardcore/core Nintendo first party game have I seen pictures for or know are in development that I'm waiting for next year?  Can you name even three of them?

I imagine some people will say "Hey but wait for E3!" and hopefully they're right but that's not the impression some got at their gamer's day (like the editor in chief of Play Magazine who's statements about Nintendo's gamer's day I posted in here).

Though I disagree with some of Nintendos moves in their gamers day

( Not showing it`s less hyped games such as Forever Bluel, Battalion Wars II, DK Jet, etc), I still think that they did the right thing. Nintendo now has a lot of stuff to show in E3, which will creat a big buzz. Sony, on the other hand, showed most of their 1st party guns in its gamers day. And by showing Strikers and other stuff, they managed to get some buzz for those games, that wouldn`t have had almost any buzz if showed next to the big 3, and other games. And Legend, if you have been following the industry for some time, you should know that Nintendo never announces big games in random days, they do it at important events. I`m willing to bet we`ll get at least 3 more hardcore games for 08 from them, without conting the ones with universal appeal, like MK and Animal Crossing.

Let`s wait till e3 to see if those idiots predictions become true ( play dude).

Oh, btw, I can`t believe how that guy complains about Nintendo when he is one of the only lucky bastards that have played MP3 >_

Yup. Wait until E3. Nintendo is known for being secretive.

Why show off that stuff at Gamer Day, when E3 is what really matters?
They showed off their casual stuff so that they wouldn't need to focus on it during E3 (My thoughts, Again, waiting for E3 to confirm)

You can't compare it to Sony's Gamer Day because:

Sony NEEDS to show off as many games as possible if they want to sell them PS3's. The more chances they get, the better (i.e. separate Killzone 2 demonstration).

E3 is much smaller this year, and Nintendo wanted to get the casual stuff out of the way. Of course, we could all be proven right/wrong.

Best wait until E3.

RolStoppable said:
The vast majority of people have a great experience, they LOVE the box.

Hahahahahahahaha.  Oh, oh, I can't breath.....

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)