By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PKMN D/P has outsold PKMN R/S

Man.. these games are selling well.  Considering Platinum isn't even out in Japan yet, D/P outselling R/S in less than 2 years from release is outstanding.  Something odd I would like to note is that D/P sold more Japan but less in America than R/S while they're about the same in Europe.  Discuss.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Pikmin d/p....hmmm...never heard of it.

super_etecoon said:

I'm talking about Pokemon.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
super_etecoon said:

I'm talking about Pokemon.

I'm talking about pikmin.

Anyway.. I think it's great that Diamond and Pearl outsold Ruby and Sapphire. They're the better over all.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

First time this has actually happened in the Pokemon handheld series (a new set outselling the set before it). Do you think it has a chance to beat Gold/Silver (23.11m)? And in a similar vein it will be cool to see if Pokemon Platinum can beat Emerald and Crystal in sales (6.34 & 6.39 mln respectively). I think both are real possibilities.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

I think D/P might sell around 20 or 21. They will gain more momentum with Platinum but I doubt they'll outsold Gold and Silver.

Pixel Art can be fun.

From the forum rules:

"Use a game's full name rather than just a abbreviation of it. Starcraft instead of SC. Star Control 2 instead of SC2. Soul Caliber 3 instead of SC3. SimCity 4 instead of SC4. Abbreviations mean different things to different people, so Be Specific."

Try remaking the thread with a less confusing title.