By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mole attack: 360 price cuts on all hardware in September

Words Of Wisdom said:
super_etecoon said:
Note to Ars Techina: just deliver news, This sad, over done attempt to be witty completely fails. I know you loved the movie...and I know you wish you could have been a fiction writer....but you're a gaming blog. Just do what you do and leave the purple prose to real writers.

You should call Ars Technica and tell them that.  I'm sure they'd be greatly amused to hear it.

+1! (My last word for tonight and the last post I read)

Tease.

Around the Network

Damn! I was betting on August for the pricecut =/

For those who were talking about the european effects, this is USA pricecut. Euroland got their pricecut for GTA4 already.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Squilliam said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
super_etecoon said:
Note to Ars Techina: just deliver news, This sad, over done attempt to be witty completely fails. I know you loved the movie...and I know you wish you could have been a fiction writer....but you're a gaming blog. Just do what you do and leave the purple prose to real writers.

You should call Ars Technica and tell them that. I'm sure they'd be greatly amused to hear it.

+1! (My last word for tonight and the last post I read)

woops...perhaps I erred on the side of ignorance about this particular website....

but my judgment still stands.

Rock_on_2008 said:
I hope this news is not true. PS3 sales could be affected in America if we see a price cut over the three X360 models in America.

Why So Serious? :P

Good for Microsoft, they have a excellent September/October/November Line-up so the price cut seems to be at the right time.

Consoles Owned: XBOX 360, Wii, DS and PSP.

DTG said:
This will have a minimal effect if any in Europe.

which part of "this price cut is for north america" is difficult to understand?

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Around the Network

Hey, nobody thought of another hypothesis? How about MS intentionally leaking and spreading rumors, true or false, it doesn't matter, to force Sony and Nintendo to uncover more cards? Up until now we only know of the next Sony 80GB model, but still nothing about PS3 Slim. And we don't know anything about Nintendo intentions on price drops and/or model updates. We'd like to know, MS would even more.

Edit:

And journalists would like to know more than MS and us put together 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Hey, nobody thought of another hypothesis? How about MS intentionally leaking and spreading rumors, true or false, it doesn't matter, to force Sony and Nintendo to uncover more cards? Up until now we only know of the next Sony 80GB model, but still nothing about PS3 Slim. And we don't know anything about Nintendo intentions on price drops and/or model updates. We'd like to know, MS would even more.

Edit:

And journalists would like to know more than MS and us put together

yes, leak a fake price drop to freeze current sales. brilliant.

So I guess Microsoft doesn't plan on making profit for some time?

Price cuts of this magnitude would need to be backed up by some serious software moving in order to stay in the black.

That's 80 off the arcade, fifty off the pro, and fifty off of the elite.

That would not be good for profit margins, but I thought they were aiming moreso for profit, rather than Marketshare?

Great news!  This should give XBox 360 a huge boost on top of a great holiday lineup (Gears of War 2).

I'm pissed now.. I paid $399 for my 20 GB premium and now I could have gotten a 120 GB for the same price.. Die MS! Die!

Pixel Art can be fun.