By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why does the 360 sell so well in America?

The american consumer is the most unbiased consumer in the world...we choose by price and value, not by brand.

The 360 leads in NA because of it's year head start and the reasons mentioned above.

Around the Network

360 still has and always will have the biggest, best lineup of core games and the best online experience available...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

It came out a year early and its most likely competitor launched at $599.

From there it's just a matter of "Well all my friends have one..."

the price should be taken into account.

Because America has plenty of money and an average low IQ? :D Were the perfect target's for getting ripped off :) LOLOLOL OMG I KID, DON'T TEAR ME APART >

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

I suspect that when Microsft began work on the original XBox all of their market research was done using "Hard-Core" gamers in the United States; this really helped them build a solid reputation with these gamers, and with similar gamers around the world. With the XBox 360 I'm willing to bet that they expanded their market research to include feedback from Asian and European countries but in the process of trying to appeal to their core demographic certain elements where focused upon that decreased the console's apeal outside of English speaking countries.

Americans buying the 360 over the mighty PS3. What is going on with the Americans? Americans lead the world in technology, I thought they would buy the most technologically advanced console of this generation over a 2nd rate console in the X360.

What has happened to brand loyalty? people should stay loyal and support Sony. When I think of video games. I think of Play Station.

Could it be that *gasp* American gamers buy a system for...........Games?

The Xbox 360 has plenty of those. Good games too. So that might be the reason. It's not nationalism (after all, no American console has ever been #1).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Rock_on_2008 said:

Americans buying the 360 over the mighty PS3. What is going on with the Americans? Americans lead the world in technology, I thought they would buy the most technologically advanced console of this generation over a 2nd rate console in the X360.

What has happened to brand loyalty? people should stay loyal and support Sony. When I think of video games. I think of Play Station.

Yeah, gotta love that second rate online experience Sony has...and I own both the 360 and PS3!

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

bobbo19 said:
yeah you Americans love your First Person Shooters and the X-box 360 excels in providing good quality shooters. Just look at duck hunt on the NES ,that sold 27.3 million in america and barely a million between japan and Europe combined.

You stole my name butthole

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893