By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why does the 360 sell so well in America?

Lots of Sports and FPS games would be my guess

But then again I don't actually live in the US

Around the Network

first: honestly. the xob is selling not so well in us. if you look at the marketing cost ms had, the sell-rate is really bad.
second: the xbox has been sold for a year before wii and ps3 came out.
third: the xbox has bad press because of the rrod. but ms dollars hold this problem out of the media in the us

Bobo012893 said:
bobbo19 said:
yeah you Americans love your First Person Shooters and the X-box 360 excels in providing good quality shooters. Just look at duck hunt on the NES ,that sold 27.3 million in america and barely a million between japan and Europe combined.

You stole my name butthole

lol soz if i offended you mate.at least i have two b's

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

cause its got the best online features, a nice user inter phase, and the best games, and it's cheap now :)

DTG said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
brute said:
americans love shooters and sports games

So do Europeans. So much...that some countries had to outlaw certain shooters games. Americans enjoy Action adventure games and fun party titles as well. Thanks for the nice stereotype. Ignorance is bliss.

No, Europeans don't love shooters at all. Compare American sal.es with European sales of most FPS games and you'll find big differences.

Europeans sales will never equate to us. That is stupid. I just said Europeans love shooters as well. I never said that equated to Americans purchasing level. Americans live in an entertainment/ economy of necessity. Of course we will outsell you in anything.

Around the Network

I bought an xbox 360 for a few reasons

1) games and game selection currently has the biggest and the best library in mu opinion, though I like shooters, racers and open sandbox games which xbox excels in

2) The controller most comfertable and best again in my opinion

3) I like the underdog funny but MS is the underdog in consoles

4) Online play once you expereince live you undertstand why MP is so bog these days

You wont go wrong with either one

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

But so far this yr according to NPD and also i think VGC PS3 is doing better in America than XBOX

If you want online then most people will agree LIVE is the ultimate online experience, also gaming library is currently the best.  Thats why it sells so well.  Also the game lobarary is skewed for western audiences. lot of AAA shooters and racing gamies

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks