By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Does anybody work in a Videogame store?

There must be at least a few of you out there...

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network
ioi said:
Anyone based in Ohio?

Well now your just getting picky! There's a long shot chance I might be able to rope an employee into helping you if that would help. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

That would help.  What is it stof?

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

It's a dedicated Videogame store with rentals. It's pretty muich what EB would be like if they rented games and didn't suck.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Sigh. I could try to convince a few guys from local EB/GS, and such in Ohio, if needed. I'm from Columbus, so I live close to alot of gaming stores

Any certain reason Ohio? Ohio kinda sucks.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

San Antonio, Tx.

Currently playing: Civ 6

ioi said:
Well Ohio is apparently a good cross section of the U.S.

I was kind of kidding - anywhere is better than nothing. The more info we can colllect the better the alrogithms and final figures become and the more accurate the data

Ioi, so you know -- I live in Saint Louis, which is actually symbolized as the most centralized city. And we really are: both South/North, East/West wise, I'm right in the middle.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I can try to ask for the long term figures. I can track the current sales myself if it's preferred. What all do you want tracked?

Currently playing: Civ 6

Not much help now, but if things go right I intend to open my own store in the (hopefully)near future. If that happens I'll gladly share my numbers, but they might not be large and varied enough to assist in data covering such a large area.

I'm pretty chummy with some guys that run a few fairly successful shops of their own. I believe the vast majority of their sales are from used games though. If you're interested I could see if they might want to pitch in. From my experience, their customers are extremely casual(buying plenty of sports and movie tie-in games).

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Bodhesatva - most of the Midwest is like that I've found.