By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amazing new tech demo of Wii Motion Plus

Well the Wiimote could already do some of it. Certainly the snap to fit. The problem has always been the work into the motion simulation. WM+ makes it easier since you can now get more accurate relativity to motion.

Not sure if this will end up being in many games at all. Maybe it will be added as an option rather than required in games.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network

Very impressive.

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" -Shigeru Miyamoto

Currently Playing - Metroid Zero Mission

>15% ending
Normal Hard <2hrs <100% Normal Hard
<2hrs 100%
Normal Hard 2-4hrs <100% Normal Hard
>2hrs 100%
Normal Hard 4+hrs <100% Normal Hard

There should be a lot less flailing and a lot more deliberate and accurate user input by implementing this.

From a design standpoint, I think this will be exactly what some developers were expecting/hoping from the platform.

It's essentially what I falsely thought Nintendo was providing when the Wii first rolled out, which has been my main source of disappointment with the platform.

I can't stress how much I feel motionplus should become standardized as a part of the default Wii platform.

Like it's been said already, it all depends upon the software and the creativity of the developers now.

oops !

I want Soulcalibur 5 on the Wii with Motion plus. It should be made a Wii exclusive because Xbox360 and PS3 are incapable of supporting 1:1 motion.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

DMJ was still stating the obvious. That was what we were groaning about.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

hmm....Lucasarts will pick the Wii as their main console now..sorry

makingmusic476 said:
FJ-Warez said:
DMeisterJ said:
I need to see this applicable in a game, aside from Wii Sports: Resort to get hyped for this.

Cuz I'm not seeing it right now.

Please, get yourself some info before make some statements like this, the add on was announced a few days ago, the add on will be launched next year... how do you expect to see it in more games now?'?

All he said was he's not hyped yet.  He didn't say he won't be in the future, nor did he say that Resort will be the only game using MotionPlus.

No need to get so defensive.

Go back and read his comment, the "now" part is the part that doesn´t make sense, BTW is not been defensive is called common sense...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Looks like a definite upgrade, however I still question how many games this is actually going to be used in. Both Nintendo and Sega have a long history of trying to make add-ons that never caught on in the market place.

For instance it took me watching this 4 minute video plus quite a bit of Wii use to fully understand how exactly this product improves Wii gameplay, I can see this hitting the market and the average causal gamer wondering why they're selling an add-on that does exactly what the Wii mote already does.

flagship said:
Looks like a definite upgrade, however I still question how many games this is actually going to be used in. Both Nintendo and Sega have a long history of trying to make add-ons that never caught on in the market place.

So far Nintendo has had no problems selling peripherals for Wii.   Balance Board being the most outstanding example and that's seeing fantastic support - from RRR3 to Skate It and Shawn White Snowboarding amoungst others.  But also WiiWheel and Zapper have both seen terrific sales. 

Now all three are sold with games and very popular ones in the case of WiiWheel and Balance Board but so it M+ (with Wii Sports Resort).

It'll also be sold seperately from WSR so if you only want it for Red Steel 2 but not get WSR you can.

I also suspect it'll be optional for most games anyway.