By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Now EA's Single Biggest Bread-Winner,,,(best gaming selling platform)

SpartanFX said:
NNN2004 said:
u cant trust pictures when photoshop around this days.

lool,,,it's not photoshoped,,,it's in news section in most gaming sites.

give me some sites then .. i should check by myself.

Around the Network

From where exactly?

This is lifetime btw.

FIFA 08 1.49m
Need for Speed: ProStreet 1.30m
Madden NFL 08 0.86m
Need for Speed: Carbon 0.70m
Burnout Paradise 0.70m
Army of Two 0.69m
Fight Night Round 3 0.55m
NBA Live 08 0.51m
Madden NFL 07 0.47m
The Simpsons Game 0.44m
NCAA Football 08 0.32m
Battlefield: Bad Company 0.29m
UEFA Euro 2008 Austria-Switzerland 0.28m
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 0.26m
The Godfather: Dons Edition 0.18m
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 0.18m
Medal of Honor: Airborne 0.17m
FIFA Street 3 0.14m
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 0.13m
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom 0.12m
NASCAR 08 0.12m
NCAA Football 09 0.12m
Def Jam Icon 0.12m
NHL 08 0.12m
Half-Life 2: The Orange Box 0.12m
NASCAR 09 0.06m
NFL Tour 0.04m
Dead Space 0.00m
SKATE 0.00m
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames 0.00m
Madden NFL 09 0.00m
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 0.00m
NBA Street Homecourt 0.00m

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Kyros said:
Would really like to know which EA games did so much better on Ps3 than on 360. It will be different in Q3 when Madden comes out though.

Wii is low, no wonder EA wants to target this platform.

Like AJ said, games like Fifa and UEFA generally sell better on ps3, primarily because of Europe, where a majority of the titles' sales come from.  Due to the low value of the Dollar vs the Euro, European versions of games in general generate much more revenue than their NA counterparts.

Edit:

This is without a doubt damage control, but it is also very true, imo: The YoY increase is an artificial number created by the fact that the Q1FY08 quarter had very few games released on the PS3 by EA. The numbers here only represent one quarter in which the PS3 has been the top earner for EA. The numbers for said quarter are relatively low all around. It is unlikely that this alone indicates a future trend which implies that the PS3 will be the most profitable console for the company. However, that is certainly a possibiility.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

steven787 said:

From where exactly?

This is lifetime btw.

well that could mean vgchartz doesn't track  those games acurately.

Around the Network

1.5 million of Soccer at $60 = 90 million
.3 for Bad Company = 18 million

That is retail prices, not wholesale. But we'll go off of those figures, where did the other 20 some million come from?

Edit: Spartan, that would have to be way more off than their usual margin.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Edit:

This is without a doubt damage control, but it is also very true, imo: They YoY increase is an artificial number created by the fact that the FYQ108 quarter had very few games released on the PS3 by EA. The numbers here only represent one quarter in which the PS3 has been the top earner for EA. The numbers for said quarter are relatively low all around. It is unlikely that this alone indicates a future trend which implies that the PS3 will be the most profitable console for the company. However, that is certainly a possibiility.

Damage control, for what? I don't think anybody is saying it is a guaranteed trend to come, but even if you ignore the increase over last year, it performed MUCH better than the 360, which is quite shocking.

Aj_habfan said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Edit:

This is without a doubt damage control, but it is also very true, imo: They YoY increase is an artificial number created by the fact that the FYQ108 quarter had very few games released on the PS3 by EA. The numbers here only represent one quarter in which the PS3 has been the top earner for EA. The numbers for said quarter are relatively low all around. It is unlikely that this alone indicates a future trend which implies that the PS3 will be the most profitable console for the company. However, that is certainly a possibiility.

Damage control, for what? I don't think anybody is saying it is a guaranteed trend to come, but even if you ignore the increase over last year, it performed MUCH better than the 360, which is quite shocking.

When news comes out positive for any console, and I make any attempt to discredit its apparent significance, I find it's best to label it as damage control.

Pointing out things that would appear as negative to a proponent of an article, especially in this case when it might appear as if I had a bias against the PS3, I find goes over best when I marginalize my own post.

That way, people know what they're getting into before they read it, they recognize my potential bias, and are free to decide what they believe for themselves.

It's just another way of saying, "Take what I say with a grain of salt."

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

?? no site said that PS3 overtake 360 in software sales ever.

steven787 said:

1.5 million of Soccer at $60 = 90 million
.3 for Bad Company = 18 million

That is retail prices, not wholesale. But we'll go off of those figures, where did the other 20 some million come from?

Edit: Spartan, that would have to be way more off than their usual margin.

Legs from Burnout Pradise, etc. I'd assume.