By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WoW, Sony are in real trouble

This is just bonkers. I predicted that the 360 would rise in America, but I never predicted Sony would fall 20,000 in America 2 weeks after E3. Even Europe is alot closer this week than previous weeks.

We just await Japan numbers and with Tales of Vesperia due out, I expect another 360 rise in Japan this week maybe 5700- 6200. PS3 will stay the same in sales maybe 1000 less.

Didanyone expect this much of a turnaround? M$ bighitters havent hit yet either. Thing is it's ok saying the temp price drop helps M$, but the dismal sales of PS3 in America show that America is running from PS3 after E3. I'm just gobsmacked.

Edit: I wasnt aware of PS3 having some supply issues. That is a factor. I'm actually glad. I thought the world just went nuts.

Around the Network
selnor said:

This is just bonkers. I predicted that the 360 would rise in America, but I never predicted Sony would fall 20,000 in America 2 weeks after E3. Even Europe is alot closer this week than previous weeks.

We just await Japan numbers and with Tales of Vesperia due out, I expect another 360 rise in Japan this week maybe 5700- 6200. PS3 will stay the same in sales maybe 1000 less.

Didanyone expect this much of a turnaround? M$ bighitters havent hit yet either. Thing is it's ok saying the temp price drop helps M$, but the dismal sales of PS3 in America show that America is running from PS3 after E3. I'm just gobsmacked.

There's a whole topic about that in which ioi said it was supplied constrained.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Supply shortage in the USA and it appears parts of Europe.

ioi mentioned large shortages.

It's supply, dude....ioi has already stated it. Don't go making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Around the Network

Lol even if it wasn't the supply I would wait another week or two to see if it stays that way before making this thread.

Someone made a prediction saying the ps3 wouldn't go under 120,000 in any month for 2008. Was it Leoj?

I WOULD JUST LIKE T SAY I MISSED THE WHOLE SUPPLY THING.
Is it that bad?

Trouble or not, this is an UGLY week in the U.S. Post MGS4, there isn't much for PS3 fans, though. As we roll into the holidays, though, things will get busy.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

supply shortage? I see them all over the place...damn things taking up space in gamestops.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad