By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Honesty people...PSN

Ok.  I'm struggling to understand something.  Besides subscriptions alone, what makes XBL better to those of you who think it is?  I prefer PSN for one MAJOR reason - it's free.  Also, the PSN store is better organized to me, and the XMB and PSStore work in much quicker fashion than the Dashboard and XBL.

So..besides number of users, what's so good about XBL?  All I can tell is that they overdid the menu animations so that it runs too slow, and whenever they have a game come out that becomes popular, they're always underestimating the amount of users, so all of XBL suffers lag and connectivity problems.  Granted, it's been a while since I've personally witnessed a problem, but I've never witnessed one with PSN and I use it more.

It seems to me, based purely on value and services offered, PSN is superior, just not as popular.  The reason XBL is so popular is because it began on the XBOX.

XBL is the *only* reason I have a 360 still right now, but it's not because of the service at all - it's because of friends.  Otherwise, I'd sell my 360.

Last, I understand this comes off as PS3-Fanboyish.  And yes, I am a bigger fan of the PS3.  But I also understand when I'm getting a better value.

Around the Network

This thread will self-destruct in 3...2...1...

Some people claim to enjoy Grand Theft Auto 4's online play.

I'm not looking for people to say it's better. I just want to know WHY they think XBL is better. Preference is preference, I prefer PSN. Why do you prefer XBL besides number of users, unless you don't have a PS3 and don't know enough about PSN to make an accurate comparison?

I perfer PSN as well, less screaming kids

Around the Network

I don't have a 360, so I cant give my opinion. Sorry!

i prefer psn because its free and easy to use

i also like it because it is free.

Woo for PSN

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Psn has really grown up alot with in game XMB