By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu 2007-06-18/ 2007-06-24

I doubt this game has long legs NSMB / Wii sports style.
Zelda brand is weak in Japan, compared to Mario that is...
If this game can be the next NSMB, then Zelda:TP should still be on charts.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Around the Network

Ahh I didnt realize Zeldas numbers were only going to be two days, I thought it would have like 5. Should have paid more attention to the day it released.  Decent numbers all around though. Itdaki surprised me. I was thinking alot lower for that one.

And I hate to see Folksoul get raped like it did because of retailers. That happens to a last place console every gen with good games. The console isnt doing so well so retailers wont order the games in good quantity, which basically is dooming the games no matter what their POTENTIAL is. Here we are with supply contstraints on this game, and lord knows how long before the retailers realize and buy more copies. But the game will lose out on ALOT of sales just because of its bad availability. Damn shame for the developers that worked their butts off on it. 

Also I forgot to comment on this:

Other Topics :

It is seemed that the first sipments of DQS will increase.

The current first shipment for DQ:S was at 250k to retailers. Minna Golf is at 300k to retailers. An increase in DQ:S should put it at least even with Minna Golf unless its a massive increase in orders by retailers. But Im guessing a 50k increase since we dont have anything else to go on. Its good that they have confidence in the game, that means they will push it lol. Not bad for a spinoff. With a surefire 300k already sold from Square/Enix to retailers for the first shipment, the game has surely already broken even and turned a profit before it even released. Same for Sony and Minna no golf. God that must feel so awesome as a company lol. Your winning before the race has even started.

I expected a lot more from Itidaki Street...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ihira said:

Well yes/no ...

The DS has some unbelieveable ability to make games far more popular than they ever were on a home console; The New Super Mario Bros, Animal Crossing, and Mario Kart are all more popular in Japan than any Gamecube or N64 game.

Now, it is way too early to say this but over the next 3 months I could easily see this game breaking a million in Japan and slowly creeping its way for several years to being (one of) the most popular Zelda games in Japan with 1.5 to 2 Million units sold. Certainly, no "New Super Mario Bros." but still could be a pretty impressive milestone.

Around the Network

The current first shipment for DQ:S was at 250k to retailers. Minna Golf is at 300k to retailers. An increase in DQ:S should put it at least even with Minna Golf unless its a massive increase in orders by retailers. But Im guessing a 50k increase since we dont have anything else to go on. Its good that they have confidence in the game, that means they will push it lol. Not bad for a spinoff. With a surefire 300k already sold from Square/Enix to retailers for the first shipment, the game has surely already broken even and turned a profit before it even released. Same for Sony and Minna no golf. God that must feel so awesome as a company lol. Your winning before the race has even started.

I actually think DQS should get a lot more supply than EG5. EG5 will probably sell like half of those shipments first week.

ihira said:

There is a large difference between Zelda PH and Zelda TP in Japan..

The main things:

DS already has a huge userbase in Japan, in comparison to the Wii, which was just kicking off when TP was released

However, this is what i think will make PH that much more successful in Japan: innovative gameplay, the game shines with innovation, not only the stylus to walk, but to use items, draw on the map, use of the microphone..

Zelda TP, on the other hand had no real innovation in controls, the fact that it was possible to play on the Gamecube proves that, but that is not to say it isn't a good game (to me), but as the sales show in Japan, innovation and new ideas are the major selling points