By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu 2007-06-18/ 2007-06-24

Deguello said:

But Mario is also a core game. (I sense another "hardcore/casual/nongame" debate looming)

Yes it is. Zelda is much more complex though. Anyway... no legs like Mario (core or not) or Brain Something...

Around the Network

Unless I'm wrong, that 290,000 number is only for one day. I don't think Sunday is counted in the week. So The 350,000 first weekend sales rumor for Zelda may be correct. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

FishyJoe said:
ckmlb said:

My definition of long legs is Wii Sports/Play and Nintendogs. A few weeks in the top 20 is good legs but not long legs. I expect Zelda to sell a million but not much more in Japan tops.

Based on that standard, it's highly unlikely that any non-Nintendo game of the current generation will ever have long legs. 

Well allow me to butt in to the conversation, name some recent games not on Nintendo systems that have had good legs in Japan. I mean I guess the closest thing is the Monster Hunter game on the PSP that's still in the top 50, but even so it sold more than half of all it's copies like in the first day of release. There's nothing close to SNMB, More Brain Traing, or Wii Sports right now on non Nintendo systems.

Zelda will probably have good legs, expecially in comparison to many major Japanese game releases, but not the sick amazing kind of the games I just mentioned. I expect it'll be in the top 10 for a month or so, and hang around the top 20 for a while longer. But while some games can hang around in the top 20 for years it seem, a year from now I doubt Zelda will still be in the top 50. It just doesn't have enough braod appeal in the market. A million seller though is likely and given the downtrend in the series Nintendo should be grateful for that.

Folksoul 15K?

REVENGE HAHA.

WTF this is the story on Gametrailers:

FOLKSOULS was undershipped which left the consumers massively disappointed.
Hopefully SONY would ship more copies this week.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
FishyJoe said:
ckmlb said:
FishyJoe said:
ckmlb said:
Don't expect Zelda to have legs as the people who wanted it (most of 'em) already got it on release.

Riiiigghhht, because Nintendo games sell quickly then fall off the charts. Nevermind that 13 of the top 20 games in Japan have been on the charts longer than 10 weeks and all of those 13 games are for Nintendo platforms.

Really, do you even think about your statements before you post them?

Casual games stay on the list forever not Zelda. I didn't say is not gonna sell good, it already is, I am saying it won't have long legs.

Do you ever think before attacking me? I'll asnwer for you: no.

I think your definition of long legs is ridiculous. By your standard, almost no game could ever have long legs.

My definition of long legs is Wii Sports/Play and Nintendogs. A few weeks in the top 20 is good legs but not long legs. I expect Zelda to sell a million but not much more in Japan tops.

Ckmlb you expect Zelda to sell a million but you don't see that as having good legs. ??  If this were a Sony game that could move a million units you would sing a different tune. The fact is, Nintendo knows how to sell software, and sell lots. If any games out there have legs, they are Nintendo ones. Nintendo have so many 500,000+ sellers in the last year it's stupid.

konnichiwa said:
Folksoul 15K?

REVENGE HAHA.

get that capslock button out of your keyboard please,

just whip it out with a pencil or a coin 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

konnichiwa said:
WTF this is the story on Gametrailers:

FOLKSOULS was undershipped which left the consumers massively disappointed.
Hopefully SONY would ship more copies this week.

it's not sony shipping low, it's the retailers not asking for many copies.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

this thread is hostile...

Tales of Fundom (PS2)

That is the game that is a prequel to Tales of Symphonia?