By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Rock Band costs £189.99 in EU - The Price of a Wii...$2 less than Aussies

I don't think you can buy Rock Band in 1 pack including the game and instruments...Here in the UK...

Anyway here's what the RRP is...

Rock Band: Band In A Box (Instruments Edition) (£129.99)

Rock Band (Solus) (£49.99)

I've checked out a currency calculator and this is $2 less than the Australian release of Rock Band. I'm sure there are deals to be had for both regions so this RRP is just that, an RRP, like in the other persons thread.

I'm not really dissapointed with the price of Rock Band, I just think its disgusting that you can go out for a steak based meal in australia for less than half the price in the UK and have a larger portion, beer is also much cheaper, cost of living is generally cheaper, the weather is nicer, everyone's more laid back...

So I think complaining about paying an extra $2 for Rock Band is a bit of cbeek.

Around the Network

i though the band in a box edition came with the game? i wouldnt pay more than £70 for a game anyway

I would prefer the cheaper beer and cost of living than cheaper Rockband.

Bah, it's not like Sydney is exactly cheap living, you know. Still, the beer is cheap.

beer aint cheap well compared with pints in UK. Its about the same if measured correctly.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Good luck selling more than 5k... I wouldn't buy it in my life, I prefer real instruments.

I hope this flops, they're clearly ripping off PAL customers.

Paying the price of a Wii/Wii Sports for a game with a bunch of plastic accessories?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

viewtiful_jon said:
I would prefer the cheaper beer and cost of living than cheaper Rockband.

So would I :)

It can be had for £130 if you look around including the game, I more made this thread to offset the story linked in the other one.

How much does it cost in the US anyway, about equivalent of £90 + sales tax?

@Burgles: How does it offset it? Just because they're ripping off UK customers too, that shouldn't make Aussies any happier... perhaps less sad, but they're still getting ripped off.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957