By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: Square is Platform Neutral

MrBubbles said:
if there even was any to begin with. if you had read the rest of the multiplatform sentence... "but depending on age and territory, users have different tastes." Suggesting their games have not all been targeting a particular audience. Obviously they feel those games better target the owners of those systems.

So XIII targets 360's audience as well, but Versus does not?

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Around the Network

As im not an employee of Square, i have no idea. It could be a logical step to assume they feel that way.

Although since they work with the wii, ds, and psp as well, that line might not have anything to do with those particular games. But the overall message of the article is that they are trying not to favour a particluar console. They are doing a decent job of that at the moment.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Whether or not they feel those certain games are appropriate for another consoles userbase doesn't really matter. I don't think only having one game go multi-platform and continue to say that this is the age of multi-platform is appropriate. I could understand if he meant for game developers as a whole, but when so many other games are exclusive I think it's hypocritical to say that from the companies perspective.

I can understand the neutrality message, but not the one they give about FFXIII going multi-platform. If it was because this is the age of multi-platform, then they should deliver on that with Versus going to the 360 and SO:TLH going to PS3 as well.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

mitsuhide said:
They are neutral to everything except money, once money steps in then they throw everything else out the window... not the Square I once knew...

Then you clearly never new Sqaure. Nintendo fans discovered where Sqaure really counts come PS1. Enix however has and always been way up front about it's production platform, who ever has the biggest base. Square however does this. They will switch mid developement.

Time to stop holding onto false dreams and idealizations about companies. Sqaure never has and never will care about the platoform they develope for.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

isnt infinite discovery a tri-ace game or is the whole ip owned by microsoft?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
masterb8tr said:
lol then why does the 360 still have star ocean and infite discovery?

I believe they are Timed Exclusives for the X360. MS pays for timed console exclusivity and for PS3 titles to come to the X360.

They don't have to pay for the latter -- it simply makes good financial sense for companies to put their games on the Xbox 360.

GTA 4, for example, would likely not have made enough money for Take 2 if it was released PS3 only -- the poorer performer between the two consoles.

Sony has versus exclusivity

If Final Fantasy 13 does fantastic on the Xbox 360, I guarantee you that Versus will come to it as well.

mitsuhide said:
Infinite Undiscovery will not appear on the PS3 as it is owned by Microsoft, Star Ocean 4 however will appear on the PS3 because it will sell awful on the X360 . MS still own the IP rights but i don't think they will own them for long after the *first* Infinite Undiscovery is released because S-E will want to do their own thing with it, like release a 2nd.

On an off topic but kinda on topic thing, who else feels that since the start of 2008 all that has happened in the game industry is companies stabbing each other in the back mainly over things to do with Microsoft and to a lesser extent Sony?

I understand you have strong feelings for Sony and possibly a crush on the playstation brand but it does appear like you don't even know what you are posting about. Infinite Undiscovery is owned by Microsoft because they funded the development. Afterwards they took the decision to let SE publish it instead (possibly for brand reasons, etc). For it to appear on the ps3 it would require the current owner (MS) to sell the IP - can you please tell me how many times has MGS sold an IP? Publishers/developers do not sell IP's unless they are going through bankruptcy processess.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Its in their best interest.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

I guess some people are just learning that most developers are companies instead of fanboys.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"