By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

This has been bugging me about the sales numbers. Why do we have it has the GBA? Its not the GBA anymore. Its the GameBoy Micro which is a smaller version of the GBA but its still not the GBA as Nintendo announced it as being called the GameBoy Micro. So could we possibly get a fix on this? Should be GBM at least.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Who bought a Gameboy Micro? Seriously...kids are either playing GBAs or GBA:SPs...if they're not playing a DS.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Nevermind. I took out info.  I was confusing sites.

because micro was pretty much a flop (compared to other Gameboys), though I think they still sell more micros than PS3.  (I own a PS3, I am laughing a my own system.  Darkness Rocks! Launch Lag sucks! 

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

ssj12 said:
This has been bugging me about the sales numbers. Why do we have it has the GBA? Its not the GBA anymore. Its the GameBoy Micro which is a smaller version of the GBA but its still not the GBA as Nintendo announced it as being called the GameBoy Micro. So could we possibly get a fix on this? Should be GBM at least.

The Game Boy Micro has been discontinued for some time now. The model Nintendo still ships is the Game Boy Advance: SP, So Ioi's title is correct.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
ssj12 said:

The Game Boy Micro has been discontinued for some time now. The model Nintendo still ships is the Game Boy Advance: SP, So Ioi's title is correct.

you sure? I know the micro was supposed to be a cheaper version of the GBA..

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Bodhesatva said:
ssj12 said:

I work at a Toys R Us. GB Micro was discontinued at our store last Christmas, and we put in on Clearance. We currently sell a Charcoal Black, Pastel Pink and Pastel Blue Game Boy Advance: SP, which we still recieve shipments of and is not discontinued. So, yes. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I never saw enough appeal in the Micro to purchase one. They needed to turn it into a wristwatch or something cool, then it would have worked ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

ssj12 said:
Bodhesatva said:
ssj12 said:

You know wrong. The GBA launched at $90. The SP launched at $80. The Micro launched at $100. Futhermore, it couldn't use the GBA cables without adapters, and wasn't backwards compatible. Basically, the only thing it had was its small size, and backlit screen. Yet the SP was given a backlit screen at the same time (it was front lit before), so the Micro really looked bad in comparison.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Sams Club still carries the Micro...

ioi said:
Erm.. what are you asking here? GBA sales represent the GBA family - GBA, GBA SP and Micro, just as DS represents DS and DSL.

There we go.

If we counted the Micro as something different than the GBA, we'd have to count the PS2 slimline as a different console than the launch PS2. It's the same system that plays the same games. It just has a smaller form factor and dropped Old Gameboy backwards compatability

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.