By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Looks like Sony is going to give Konami some good kick back this summer

Yep I knew that :P

It's just that VGChartz still has a way to go in reporting very accurate software sales and we won't get NPD results to compare..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
The problem is, what if people dont want MGS4? Surely no consoles would be sold

Not necessarily. I don't really care about MGS4, but $499 for a BC 80 GB + Dualshock 3 beats $399 for a 40 GB + Sixaxis, so I went for the MGS4 bundle.

Ail said:
Yep I knew that :P

It's just that VGChartz still has a way to go in reporting very accurate software sales and we won't get NPD results to compare..

Well, NPD did provide the information last report that 1 in every 4 copies sold was a bundled copy.

Umm don't konami still make money from the game getting sold even if its in a bundle?
every copy sold even with bundle still give them profits

kitler53 said:
blazinhead89 said:
Good for Sony and good for Konami, I Applaud Kojima/Konami on not falling victim to M$ moneyhatting ways ( not like a certain few companies)

ah yes, but falling into $ony moneyhatting is completely different. 

Mirco$oft always do it tho, Sony dont go trying to get a halo or GeOW by Moneyhatting ala M$ and FFXIII

Around the Network

When is the MGS4 bundle suppose to stop?

akuma587 said:
Yeah, this is the kind of stuff that kept MGS4 from going multiplat at launch, not to mention that the game takes up close to 50 GB.

it has more to do with Kojima being stuborn and refusing to make multi platform games.

Kojima can live with out konami, konami without him is nothing.

and I saw very few 40Gb ( I saw 1 in 3 shops, all of them had plenty of bundles though).

So, does it mean, that SHIPPED PS3 by June 30th = SOLD - Sales for July? =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Looking for some impressive sales for last week and this week coming up.

Sales predictions end of 08' (2008-7-27)

• PS3: 20. million
  • X360: 23. million
  • WII: 40. million        

PS3 to surpass X360 WW sales by Q2 2009