By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hirai: Rivals can’t compete with PS3’s exclusives

i completely agree - no one can compete with sony exclusives. third parties should completely give up on the ps3 immediately because only first party titles will sell on the system.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
i completely agree - no one can compete with sony exclusives. third parties should completely give up on the ps3 immediately because only first party titles will sell on the system.

No. Just....no

Metal gear solid is made by Konami, a third party. Its in the top 10 selling PS3 games.

Just...no

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

makingmusic476 said:

For some of their games (not all, of course, like AC and Nintendogs), their sales stem from name recognition rather than quality.  Zelda is my favorite series by far, but there's a reason TP broke 5 million while Okami struggled to break 200k on the two best selling platforms of all time.

The only one of Sony's franchises that has a similar brand recognition is Gran Turismo, which also sells insanley well.

This is generally true of the entertainment industry as a whole ...

There are countless great muscians who remain unknown while Nickleback and Brittany Spears dominate the radio
There are thousands of great authors who no one reads while Tom Clancy and Stephen King top the Best-Sellers lists
There are lots of great movies released every year that go unnoticed while everyone watches Superbad

kitler53 was joking stubbs. Either that or he's taken a huge blow to the head.

Signature goes here!

Such as Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, SoCom, God Of War 3, Killzone 2, MaG, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift.

Little Big Planet is possibly my most anticipated console game of the year, and I'm quite sure all of the games mentioned here will do just fine for themselves and get good reviews.

I also think it's quite possible that Wii Fit and Animal Crossing -- just those two -- will outsell all of these games combined, let alone Mario Galaxy, Wii Play, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, Twilight Princess,  and Mario Party, all of which are bigger franchises than anything on this list by a wide margin (as in, more than double their sales. Although MaG and LBP are untested). And then, of course, there is Wii Sports.

In terms of variety and "hardcore" gamer appeal, Sony wins, though. Over Microsoft obviously (their first party is Halo and Gears of War), but over Nintendo too, I think.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
kitler53 said:

No. Just....no

Metal gear solid is made by Konami, a third party. Its in the top 10 selling PS3 games.

Just...no

Pretty sure you missed the point there, chief.

Sony has argued in the past -- and certainly many fans have agreed -- that Nintendo's first party software is so strong that it suffocates third party sales on Nintendo systems. Kitler is pointing out that these two statements:

1) Nintendo's first party software suffocates third party sales
2) We are the strongest first party development house

Can't be argued simultaneously without putting your foot in your mouth.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Sony is more about art and intellectual stimulation while Nintendo is about shallow entertainment and the pursuit of "fun". They're different markets though for me personally Sony is superior.

DTG said:

Sony is more about art and intellectual stimulation while Nintendo is about shallow entertainment and the pursuit of "fun". They're different markets though for me personally Sony is superior.

Art in your shallow definition of what 'Art' is ...

Bodhesatva said:
colonelstubbs said:
kitler53 said:

No. Just....no

Just...no

Pretty sure you missed the point there, chief.

Sony has argued in the past -- and certainly many fans have agreed -- that Nintendo's first party software is so strong that it suffocates third party sales on Nintendo systems. Kitler is pointing out that these two statements:

1) Nintendo's first party software suffocates third party sales
2) We are the strongest first party development house

Can't be argued simultaneously without putting your foot in your mouth.

heh. wow. I never thought of it like that..... Still Hirai got it right this time. Sony first-party>Nintendo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>M$

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

double post

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it