By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you happy with your current gen systems?...did you expect more of them?

I now own all 3 current gen home systems, and I like them....I expected more from the PS3 and less from the 360...yes, less, and now I´m pleasantly surprised with the system´s gaming library....as for the Wii, I´m enjoying it as much as the GC in the same time frame....but I enjoy the PS3 as well...Uncharted, Ratchet, Folklore, MGS4, and soon LBP, Resistance 2, etc....plus watching BD movies is a great bonus as far as I´m concerned.

Overall I enjoy all 3, just didn´t expect the 360´s library to be so far ahead in variety compared to the original Xbox, it makes me glad I picked up a 360 last month to go along with the other 2 systems.

Around the Network

Well, wireless pads really took off this generation, online console gaming has become hugely popular, The sheer amount of games that have been released (on all platforms) over the last 18 months is just astonishing, all the consoles have a big collection of retro classic games (which is good for a chap who got in to gaming in the mid 80's) more downloadable content at your disposal, more game trailers to watch on your consoles.... theres just more everything this time round...... its win win for everybody... with regards to wether i expected more or less from this current generation? if anything my expectations have been EXCEEDED this generation

I am enjoying the PSP more than anticipated, DS slightly more than originally anticipated (but less than I think I should be considering it's success), Wii much less than anticipated considering it's success and my enthusiasm for a controller I ended up not liking at all, and the 360 I am enjoying as anticipated.

I have a Wii, I had a PS3 and I now want a 360. I was under-impressed with the PS3's gaming library and it was just gathering dust so I traded it in for a Wii and PS2. I don't quite know what happened. All the franchises I bought a PS3 for that were on the PS2 seem to have jumped ship to the wii360 (Tenchu, ace combat, fatal frame ect) or Sony just stopped supporting them (I'm looking at you Wipeout, and no the bare bones psn game with a handfull of re-used tracks is not going to cut it).

For all my griping though I will probably buy a ps3 again in the future. I can see the new siren, White Knight Story and uncharted sequel braking me down in the long run. I'll get a 360 first for all that Jrpg goodness though =D (and Ace combat / tenchu Z)

EDIT: So yes, to sum up I really did expect more from the ps3 giving the complete dominance of the ps2. The the first party offerings from the Wii have lived up to my expectation but the 3rd party ones have been lacking so far.

VGhippy said:
I have a Wii, I had a PS3 and I now want a 360. I was under-impressed with the PS3's gaming library and it was just gathering dust so I traded it in for a Wii and PS2. I don't quite know what happened. All the franchises I bought a PS3 for that were on the PS2 seem to have jumped ship to the wii360 (Tenchu, ace combat, fatal frame ect) or Sony just stopped supporting them (I'm looking at you Wipeout, and no the bare bones psn game with a handfull of re-used tracks is not going to cut it).

For all my griping though I will probably buy a ps3 again in the future. I can see the new siren, White Knight Story and uncharted sequel braking me down in the long run. I'll get a 360 first for all that Jrpg goodness though =D (and Ace combat / tenchu Z)

Ace combat 6 on 360 is well.......... Ace,  its got online multiplayer too of course so that adds to the longevity immensly

Around the Network

I have a Wii and a 360, so I'll talk about those two:

Wii - The Wii experience was exactly as I expected, as far as the hardware is concerned. In terms of software, I was expecting slightly faster 3rd party support.

360 - Technically, I was hoping for more stable framerates in the games. The 360 does great graphics, but it suffers from the HD developer syndrome - focusing so much on polygon count and texture quality that the rest of the technical aspects suffer as a consequence. It's disappointing to have technically better games on the Wii than on the 360, especially since the latter is much more powerful.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Ps3 I'm happy but I wanted in game music which did'nt happen. Kh3 announced did'nt happen. Final Fantasy 13 became a 360 game aswell did'nt like that even though I was planning on buying versus over it. I have problems with the games and achievments on the system, other then that I love it.

Ronster316 said:

Ace combat 6 on 360 is well.......... Ace, its got online multiplayer too of course so that adds to the longevity immensly

I'm really looking forward to playing it online =D Should be immense XD (I'm still playing through squadron leader on the ps2 now)

I have a Wii and DS, Im very happy with both.

VGhippy said:
Ronster316 said:

Ace combat 6 on 360 is well.......... Ace, its got online multiplayer too of course so that adds to the longevity immensly

I'm really looking forward to playing it online =D Should be immense XD (I'm still playing through squadron leader on the ps2 now)

You wont be dissapointed, AC 6 is another Exclusive GEM on the  360..... best thing about those who are just about to buy the 360 is that the exclusives that came out during the extra year the 360 had on the market pretty much all turned out good, saints row is fun both online and offline and still palyed a fair bit online by people today, smackdown v raw 07 is more popular online than smackdown v raw 08 is on 360 lol, condemned: criminal origions is better than condemned 2 by a MILE... and you can pick up great exclusive online multiplayer games like Virtua fighter 5 and Virtua tennis 3 for peanuts  now