By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For those with PS3/360 Soul Calibur 4 - might not be native 720p

Wouldn't surprise me at all ...

The HD consoles are both very powerful, but I suspect that producing the highly detailed and interactive environments and characters developers want to while maintaining a steady framerate at a true HD resolution is beyond either of the systems.

Around the Network

Edit: New information and clarity.

PS3 version - 720p - 1280/720 I think is the likely candidate.

Xbox360 version - 960p - 1280/960 - One question is a "blur filter" - whether thats a capture problem or if it exists in the full retail version as well.

Subject to change of course!

Tease.

HappySqurriel said:

The HD consoles are both very powerful, but I suspect that producing the highly detailed and interactive environments and characters developers want to while maintaining a steady framerate at a true HD resolution is beyond either of the systems.

I like it when people don't read the thread and make comments like this,,,,,they are producing  res higher than 720.mkay?

meh.

SpartanFX said:
HappySqurriel said:

I like it when people don't read the thread and make comments like this,,,,,they are producing  res higher than 720.mkay?

Just because this game is being produced at a higher resolution doesn't change the fact that several of the HD console's biggest and best looking games haven't been released at lower than HD resolutions and/or struggled to maintain a decent framerate.

Around the Network
Bobo012893 said:
who cares

when they said something good about PS3 u will be happy & when they said something bad about PS3 u said who cares ???!!!  do u really should act like a silly fan people ?

NNN2004 said:
Bobo012893 said:
who cares

when they said something good about PS3 u will be happy & when they said something bad about PS3 u said who cares ???!!!  do u really should act like a silly fan people ?

When I created this thead I thought I was going be able to say that the PS3 rendered at a higher resolution. This is not expected! My initial thoughts was that the Xbox360 version was upscaled and the PS3 version was not.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

Xbox360 version - 960p - 1280/960 - One question is a "blur filter" - whether thats a capture problem or if it exists in the full retail version as well.

Everytime a 360 game has a higher resolution than a ps3 game do you have to post it?

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

NNN2004 said:
Bobo012893 said:
who cares

nice english

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

Bobo012893 said:
Squilliam said:

Everytime a 360 game has a higher resolution than a ps3 game do you have to post it?

why not ? u can post too .... if u have something.