By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can the PS3 really surpass the 360 next year?

There isn't going to be a price cut! PS3 is still increasing sales yoy because of last years price cut but pretty soon it will be below last years figures as the immediate effects of the price cut will show.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

its all going to come down to pricing: a) have big a financial hit on their profits are sony prepared to take on pricing vs production cost and b) how much can sony cost reduce the ps3.

with the reality that the Wii will sell the most consoles this generation Sony will have reduced their expectations so i doubt they will be too competitive with the pricing.

2010 in the 3/4 quarter would be my bet right now but it all comes down to the pricing.

The PS3 will still be above where it was with a price cut last year. The 80GB $400 should help a little, but not the same as a huge price cut, but the PS3 is a much more attractive proposition this Christmas than it was last year, with the greatest hits, MGS 4, GTA IV, and of course a great holiday line-up.

For the 360, sales are on the decline, and I doubt that we will see a proper price cut this year, and though Banjo, Fable and IU should move some consoles, I think anyone who wants Gears 2 will have already got the console for Halo 3 or GeoW 1

what date was the ps3 price cut then?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
There isn't going to be a price cut! PS3 is still increasing sales yoy because of last years price cut but pretty soon it will be below last years figures as the immediate effects of the price cut will show.

Not really. Unless for some reason next week the Ps3 has a 60k drop (and even then it will be on par with last years y.o.y. sales at the same time period) and stays at those sales untill Nov. then y.o.y. sales will be high even with the price drop effect of last year.

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:

Then PS3 didn't have any good exclusives, this holiday season it will have.

@LOLMATURE:

I had forgotten about FFXIII releasing EXCLUSIVELY for the PS3 in Japan, most probably next year :)

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

peachbuggy said:

http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/07/16/e3-2008-100-price-cut-for-80gb-playstation-3/

masterb8tr said:
peachbuggy said:

http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/07/16/e3-2008-100-price-cut-for-80gb-playstation-3/

oh come on. If he is to lazy to do a google search he is too lazy to read an article. Just come out and tell him the date was July 12th.

Whoops you linked to the HDD size upgrade at same price as 40gig for this year.

the ps brand is still decently strong and price is a big inhibiting factor. I also think a redesign (smaller, less parts) would do wonders.

i think its highly probable that the ps3 will pass 360 next year.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.