By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Zelda: Phantom Hourglass= almost 350,000 in 2 days?

robjoh said:
DonWii said:
rocketpig said:
Wow, impressive. I was curious to see how this would do since traditional games haven't been flying off shelves in Japan.

Now I'm really interested to see how DQ does on the Wii.

Pre-Orders aren't very telling but, if you didnt already know, there are around 250k pre-orders on the game in Japan.

Is that to retail or users?

I dont remember if there was a deabte about that, like the debate about 300k pre-orders for Everybodys Golf 5. I would say that, in both cases - sense both are big franchises in Japan - it was consumers and not retailers.

Around the Network

ok thanks

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

300k preorders for Everybodys Golf 5? Well, that 500k prediction by whoever made it wasn't wrong then.

I thought Zelda games always did well, didn't the one on the Wii break a million in like an hour, or something?

I cant wait for LoZ:PH to come stateside.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

This will be the first Zelda to pass a million in Japan since Ocarina of Time. It'll be great to have happen to essentially the most consistantly great series in the history of video games.

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
300k preorders for Everybodys Golf 5? Well, that 500k prediction by whoever made it wasn't wrong then.

I thought Zelda games always did well, didn't the one on the Wii break a million in like an hour, or something?

The Zelda Wii game hasn't even broken 600k in its lifetime let alone 1 million in 1 hour...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb - Last time I trust anything that anyone from NexGenWars has to say.

Just to clear things up ckmlb is talking about Japanese sales...

So basically, if this number is true, this game could catch Twilight Princess in about 2 weeks.

Hopefully it creates such a Zelda fever in Japan that TP sales pick up. Har.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

rocketpig said:
Wow, impressive. I was curious to see how this would do since traditional games haven't been flying off shelves in Japan.

Now I'm really interested to see how DQ does on the Wii.

New Super Mario bros? It sold 4.71 million in Japan...I hate to see what flying off the shelves is if that isn't?

Final fantasy 3  sold 1 million in Japan on the DS

Final Fantasy XII(DS) has already sold 500K in Japan.

Yoshi's Island 800K+
Mario Kart over 2million

so forth

traditional games do sell in Japan.