By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - terribe news for Brits!

At 15:30 today Tim henman WON his first round match at Wimbledon against some other player I have no idea the name of.

Mllions of us were hoping after Andrew what's his face got injured and Greg Canada man retired that Tim would get knocked out in the first round.

Unfortunately this has not happened and we will now have to endure the sight of people who don't give a toss about tennis the rest of the year getting their garden tennis sets out and going to local courts to pretend they actually are big fans of the sport.

Good luck for getting knocked out in round 2 Tim!!!!

Around the Network

Ohhh;...

And Justine Henin wins again Hurray....

Damn. That is terrible news. I missed that match.

what men you dont know nothing of tennis, you know tim henman and you dont know Carlos Moya what tha!! tim is a great player, and moya is a roland garros winner

Tim is so overhyped. The commentators say things like "There he is, the great british tennis player". When in actuality hes just very average.

Around the Network

I don't know Tim :(.

I only follow the woman tennisplayers.

konnichiwa said:
I don't know Tim :(.

I only follow the woman tennisplayers.

Heh... I love Henin - so tiny, but packs a lot of power, especially on that backhand.

I feel sorry for Henman.  He’s a very skilled player but his mental game is too weak (he chokes too often).  Unfortunately the British media exasperates this problem, he’s always got the whole country on his shoulders.

Carlos Moya is a former world No1 and is consistenly in the world top 20, currently 22nd. He was also seeded unlike Tim.

come tims near retirement give him a break. at his peak he was ranked 4th in the world. so yes he is a great tennis player