By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii to be Nintendo's last Console?!?!

Why does everyone assume I believed what the guy told me? lol. Calmn down, I'm aware he was full of balogne.

Overhearing his discussion with other customers he seemed to be a PC/360/PS3 gamer. When I asked him if Mega Man Battle Network 6 would ever be comming to DS like Mega Man Battle Network 5 did, he looked at the shelf and pointed out Mega Man ZX which he called "Mega Man 2 X".

akuma587 said:
I have heard this before from other sources too. Obviously the Wii fans decided to selective erase it from their memories.

Now the Wii's success may completely change things, but I still had heard this before (I think from Kotaku...but I don't exactly remember and couldn't find a passable link). The way they looked at is that they would be able to license out their first party characters to other companies in order to maintain profits on consoles that way. There is no way to confirm or deny this until a couple of years from now anyways, so nobody start flaming.

How about providing the said link before taking a jab at the Wii fans while you're at it, thanks.

Around the Network

I heard this too.

About the GameCube.

And the N64 before it.

The Wii is perfectly in keeping with what Nintendo has been saying for the past... oh, at least 5 years, probably more... that there is more to games than just graphics, and that simple, intuitive controls were needed to entice the larger market.

Really, there are times that I think the entire GameStop franchise is simply an arm of the Sony PR machine.

WHere is the logic in this?

Does Nintendo say "Gee, our last consoles didn't do so hot, let's stop making them. But first, let's do just one more to really flush our reputations in the toilet!"

Either the consoles were making them money, or they weren't. If they were (and they were), there was no need to stop. If they weren't (they were), there was no sense in continuing when they could immediately begin licensing out some of the biggest fanchises in gaming.

Look at SEGA or Atari. The DreamCast and Jaguar were their last consoles. That was NEVER their intent. They jumped into the console war hoping to reclaim former glory, and were forced out because of horrible reception (justified with the Jaguar, not so much the DreamCast). In hindsight, both moves were signs of desperation, not resignation. If Nintendo really felt that it was on the verge of losing the console war, I'd expect similar behavior (and really, has there been anything about the Wii that has implied Nintendo is desperate? If anything they played coy, even keeping advertising to a minimum leading up to launch).

They have conspiracy theorists working at Gamestop? I like this part

He furthered the point by explaining how the Virtual Console was suppossed to be part of wrapping up Nintendo's legacy in one console, a full circle of gaming as a final farewell of sorts.

I really don't think that Nintendo is this symbolic. I think they just want more of our money. Are they wrapping up Sega's and Turbo Grafx16's legacy too?

He makes it sound like Willy Wonka is running Nintendo, some crazy eccentric guy that doesn't care about where the company goes. Nintendo share holders might have some objections.

You have to go back to that guy and make him sign up to this site so we can flame him.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

akuma587 said:
I have heard this before from other sources too. Obviously the Wii fans decided to selective erase it from their memories.

Now the Wii's success may completely change things, but I still had heard this before (I think from Kotaku...but I don't exactly remember and couldn't find a passable link). The way they looked at is that they would be able to license out their first party characters to other companies in order to maintain profits on consoles that way. There is no way to confirm or deny this until a couple of years from now anyways, so nobody start flaming.

No. Nintendo has never once in all their years as a console developer has ever said that they would leave the console market and go 3rd party.

Nintendo has even attacked these untrue rumors. As ZZetaAlec pointed out Iwata San came out and said "The day we stop making consoles is the day we drop out of the industry altogether." there is no way in hell that Nintendo will ever go 3rd party or leave the home console market.

These are just BS rumors created by Anti-Nintendo fanboys. They happen during the N64 era, GameCube era and they happen at the start of the Wii era. If ANY creditable news site reported this as news they pretty much just tossed out any credability they had out the window.

If ANYONE says Nintendo is leaving the console market they are a LIER and should be called out on it in public.

Nintendo is hear to stay END OF STORY. Deal with it Anti-Nintendo Fanboys.

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

It also reminds me of holiday season when everyone was trying to get 360s. Some mom and her kid were at Gamestop and the guy suggested she buy him a PSP instead for christmas because he could sell it back when the 360's were available and put that money towards a 360. This was during that phase when every Gamestop employee was wearing a PSP on a strap around their neck.

Around the Network
akuma587 said:

Yes, we are pretty good at knowing the difference betwen fact and fiction.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Do they need an other game console?

Do they need better visuals for their games?

If they would have hardware like X360 or PS3 they still would use that typical nintendo look for their games.

Probably will their next gen console be the last one.

If it hadn't been such a massive success I would have put more faith in this theory but as it stands Nintendo after the DS and Wii successes is here to stay in the console business.

It's a good thing too, because the possibility of Nintendo losing their long time held hand held market to Sony if the PSP had won could have been a death blow to Nintendo and with the DS and Wii they have turned around everything from the point of being on the verge of losing everything to being the leader in the console/hand held business.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

konnichiwa said:
Do they need an other game console?

Do they need better visuals for their games?

If they would have hardware like X360 or PS3 they still would use that typical nintendo look for their games.

Probably will their next gen console be the last one.

Lol, Konnichiwa is on a trolling rampage today.

And like any other day

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*