By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii to be Nintendo's last Console?!?!

Konnichiwa, never missing an excuse to rag on Nintendo games, lol.

Around the Network

Well if he meant this would be Nintendo's last console if it didn't go over well like the Gamecube, then yeah, that may of been. Still doubt it since Nintendo have such conservative buisness models, they'd still make money off it. Either way it sounds like he was making crap up though.

totalwar23 said:
hmm, I guess gamestop employees vary by location because the gamestop i go to are full of people who make fun of their customers in front of other customers, no doubt. It is reasonable to assume that the people who apply for gamestop or EB are gamers and as gamers, they lean towards one brand favorably, might explain this guy with his nintendo's last console.

Obviously you guys are going to have your opinions, I understand that. I just don't appreciate the bashing. I work hard at what I do, and I think anybody who's read the one article, and few posts I've made know that I'm no dummy when it comes to this stuff.

I guess I know what it's like to be Sony now  

Currently playing: Civ 6

cdude1034 said:
totalwar23 said:
hmm, I guess gamestop employees vary by location because the gamestop i go to are full of people who make fun of their customers in front of other customers, no doubt. It is reasonable to assume that the people who apply for gamestop or EB are gamers and as gamers, they lean towards one brand favorably, might explain this guy with his nintendo's last console.

Obviously you guys are going to have your opinions, I understand that. I just don't appreciate the bashing. I work hard at what I do, and I think anybody who's read the one article, and few posts I've made know that I'm no dummy when it comes to this stuff.

I guess I know what it's like to be Sony now  

Sorry cdude1034, I hope I don't generalize here.  The EB and GS stores next to me, don't seem to employ informed people.  I have had to correct them more than once when hearing them speak to their customers.  Kinda confuses me.  The employees seem like gamers, so I don't know why they never seem to know what they are talking about, at the stores next to me.  ::shrug::  Though I don't see any bias towards one console or another in general.  I do see certain employees have their preferences they try to push, but not overall in one direction or the other.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Nintendo still has too much power, respect, and money to end now. Until they started to lose profits for a constant amount of years, they are here to stay. GO NINTENDO!!!

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Nah. I was reffering that I would love a Mario FPS.
A good Mario FPS with a good co op singleplayer.

Out of curiousity, uh, what do you mean by single player co-op?  Am I missing something?  Are you playing with yourself then?  Or do you mean plain story mode co-op

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

I don't think it was intended to be Nintendo's last console. I think they knew they had to do something different so they gave it almost all they had by putting as many features and as much of their talent as they felt viable for a low cost. The low cost and odd marketing (name Wii, simplistic design, Wii Channels, Miis) show that they had actually a plan to take over secretly, but as with the N64 controller, making it both a traditional AND new controller form, they didn't know what to expect and had to consider "outcome B".

If this console were to be a HUGE success, it needed as much leverage as possible.

If this console were to be a HUGE failure, then they wanted to go out with a bang.

Either way, they were setting themselves up for what they thought would be an awesome and fun ride. It wasn't until E3 2006, that they knew that they were headed toward the first of the two. Now that they have that position though, I don't know if they know what to do anymore. They are stunned and I'm afraid they are going to go back to what they used to do which is rely on tried and true franchises with very little surprises. It's the surprises that got them to where they are right now! I guess we'll see.

It was probably just some Sony/MS fanboy trying to deny the Wii's better sales than the PS3/360.

What will Nintendo's disc format of choice be next gen though, they can't avoid HD forever. Will they go Digital Distribution or will they go with DVD9? Blu-Ray perhaps?

The wii can use DVD9... i think you mean HD-DVD or Blu-Ray