By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 FF13 to be released in English speaking territories before 360 version?

why we still having this debate??? SE had clearly stated in the announcement that both Xbox and PS3 version will be release simultaneously in NA and EU, Fanboy can stop being delusional twisting facts around. Even if those assumption from the article are true, SE will still be releasing both version at the same time unless they want to breach the contract with MS.

Around the Network

It was pretty unambiguous: simultaneous release for both PS3 and 360 in North America and Europe. Who are you going to believe- some website or Yoichi Wada himself?

Pk9394 said:
why we still having this debate??? SE had clearly stated in the announcement that both Xbox and PS3 version will be release simultaneously in NA and EU, Fanboy can stop being delusional twisting facts around. Even if those assumption from the article are true, SE will still be releasing both version at the same time unless they want to breach the contract with MS.

Where did they clearly state it?  Have they commented on it since the E3 press conference?  Most of that conference was in Japanese and the translations have been sketchy at best.  Why do you assume there is a contract with MS? 

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
@Rock_on_2008: I don't know if they are releasing at the same time or the PS3 will release first. Hopefully SE clarifies this in early August. According to gameplayer the game will not be ported to the 360 until the ps3 localization is complete. That would mean that SE would have to sit on the PS3 version for a year plus. What is the likelyhood of that happening?

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/080725-FFXIII.aspx?catid=Features&Page=1

Do you know why the western release of Final Fantasy games typically include some bonus content? It is because while the localization is happening the coders have next to nothing to do. So they program away a few completely new bosses and things like that. Instead of having that bonus stuff though they will now be working on the 360 port while they are localizing the game. That gives them quite awhile to get a port up and running. You can keep dreaming of a world where SE has not promised a simultaneous release of Final Fantasy XIII for the western territories, but don't ever expect it to become a reality.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Whatever happens, I expect it to be released here in the UK 1 YEAR at max after the Japanese release. This is what it took previous FF games and this is what it should take this. I couldn't care about the 360 version, I just want FF13 when it's supposed to be released.

I'm sure FF12 failed because of this 1 year delay, by the time it came out here people weren't talking about the games, just the consoles (PS3 was released about 3 weeks later).

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
dbot said:
Pk9394 said:

Where did they clearly state it?  Have they commented on it since the E3 press conference?  Most of that conference was in Japanese and the translations have been sketchy at best.  Why do you assume there is a contract with MS? 

Forgetting for the moment what Yoichi Wada said at the presser and how badly the translators did or did not mangle it, at the end of the trailer it says, "Available on Xbox 360 at launch in North America and Europe." What do you take that to mean? It sounds like day and date with the PS3 release to me.

@Gnizmo - I don't care when the FF releases on the 360. This thread is discussing the ideathat the 360 version may not release simultaneously with the PS3 version. I am only pointing out the fact that the translations of the press conference vary with regards to the release dates. Do you honestly believe that the 360 port will be done before the PS3 localization?

Again, I am not saying that the 360 version won't release at the same time. I am agreeing with the author of the article that clarification is needed. If the author is correct with the statement that the 360 version will not start until the PS3 version's localization is complete, then a day and date release with the 360 is very unlikely.

Just to be clear, I don't care if they release together, separately, or don't release at all.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

badgenome said:

Forgetting for the moment what Yoichi Wada said at the presser and how badly the translators did or did not mangle it, at the end of the trailer it says, "Available on Xbox 360 at launch in North America and Europe." What do you take that to mean? It sounds like day and date with the PS3 release to me.

You're saying nonsense.

EVERY SINGLE GAME release at launch, that's what the launch is: the release date of the game.

Available at launch doesn't mean anything actually.

If they wrote "Available at PS3 launch" perhaps you could say sth, but there, it's just a mistranslation to english.

What they wanted to say was : "Will launch on Xbox 360 in NA and Europe" (to make it clear that it won't launch on XB360 in Japan).

That's all. That's a mistranslation. English being your first language (or perhaps not, like me), you should be able to understand that the sentence doesn't mean anything and is a mistranslation.

Further, nowhere in the sentence do they say anything about PS3 or simultaneous release.

Fanboyism indeed can make people see things where there is nothing.

What the point of this thread? It will be released when it`s done.
Noone know the release date for NA and Europe. So what the point now of speculating?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

ookaze said:
badgenome said:

You're saying nonsense.

EVERY SINGLE GAME release at launch, that's what the launch is: the release date of the game.

Available at launch doesn't mean anything actually.

If they wrote "Available at PS3 launch" perhaps you could say sth, but there, it's just a mistranslation to english.

What they wanted to say was : "Will launch on Xbox 360 in NA and Europe" (to make it clear that it won't launch on XB360 in Japan).

That's all. That's a mistranslation. English being your first language (or perhaps not, like me), you should be able to understand that the sentence doesn't mean anything and is a mistranslation.

Further, nowhere in the sentence do they say anything about PS3 or simultaneous release.

Fanboyism indeed can make people see things where there is nothing.

Er... it's not an ideal way of wording it, granted, but my reading makes far more sense than yours. To say "available at launch" would indicate that as soon as the game is launched in those territories, it will be available on the Xbox 360. Especially considering that there is another trailer out there that says something to the effect of, "Available in Japan only on the Playstation 3."

And charges of fanboyism are like farts- who smelt it usually dealt it.