Forums - Sales Discussion - Please give us an IGNORE USER feature

Locked.

Recreate in website forum please.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

@ nikkom

That'd be awesome.

I don't know... I just simply ignore them

From what I've seen, the ignore user feature is only necessary if the moderators do a poor job of maintaining the order on forums. GameFAQs, for example, has been completely overrun with trolls for years due to a combination of an impotent moderation system unable to judge trolling by intent, and a remarkable tolerance for straddling the line. This increased the "noise" on the forums to the point where it was necessary for the user to control the "signal" themselves (i.e. through a user ignore function, which had to be filled in by a Firefox extension for some time due to reluctance by their admins to create one of their own for years). Here, though, the moderation team seems to be doing a good job of keeping the trolls under control, which makes it much easier to factor in dissenting opinions, as people expressing those opinions are more likely to be simply offering an alternate perspective than flamebaiting.

As for the de-evolution of threads into arguments, even if you could ignore other people to try to maintain one thread of discussion, by that point the "noise" has increased for everyone. That means that by that point, it may be better to split your own thread of discussion off into its own topic anyway.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition