By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Next Ratchet & Clank in 2009?(not quest for booty)

"The Swedish gaming site Level7.nu claims that by finishing Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty, you’ll get to see a screen that says the next installment in the Ratchet & Clank series will be released in late 2009. For now, chalk this up as a rumour, but we wouldn’t be too surprised if this is true since Insomniac are churning out games like madmen."

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2008/07/24/the-next-ratchet-clank-in-2009/

I think it's not out of question given the history of insomniac.resistance and ratchet every other year.

Around the Network

Almost certain, they release a game every year, and I think they have said that they intend to alternate between the two franchises they have

Wow. They're just pumping them out these days...

Yup.

Insomniac alternates each year, and they have two different teams working on two different games. And with them opening their new studio this year, this makes it even more likely and possible.

Quest for booty looks good too.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Wow. They're just pumping them out these days...

don't forget that insomianc just got bigger (more staff and opened a new location)2 months ago,,,,and they ahve shown they can pump out  quality titles every year.

Around the Network

I cant believe it. Are Insomniac developers human?
First Year: Best PS3 exclusive
2nd Year: 2nd Best PS3 exclusive
3rd Year: (Presumably) 2nd Best PS3 exclusive.

Its insane. Can games really be pumped out like this once you have an engine? And if so, could the Killzone engine be re-used on an RPG? . That would be pretty awesome.

good good
more quality games for ps3
thanx isomniac
and thanx for the news spartan :)

I thought I read somewhere that they might try more episodic PSN type stuff if that takes off. Otherwise they'll continue with the regular on disc games.

Jandre002 said:

Its insane. Can games really be pumped out like this once you have an engine? And if so, could the Killzone engine be re-used on an RPG? . That would be pretty awesome.

Will the third year best be God of War 3? Or do you have something else in mind?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Jandre002 said:

the good thing is they are improving with each title,,,,,ratchet was better than resitance from a  technical point of view and they said R2 is better than ratchet from technical point of view (with huge  online and big boss fights),,,if the trend continues,ill be very happy.