By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
disolitude said:
Pristine20 said:
Neos said:
Pristine20 said:
Didn't the EU get a price cut as well?

no official ones, although retailers are cutting prices

Interesting, I would've thought that M$ would want to fight back in EU as Sony is currently breezing by them there.

When its not selling...its not selling. Isn't the arcade model half of the price of ps3 in europe? I don't think they can go much lower than that.

I'm European (that moved to Canada as a kid) and generally speaking Europeans have this strange attitude that most expensive is the best. And they want to own the best...So 360 could be free and some people would still buy the ps3. Rarely will they think that something that is cheaper can be jsut as good if not better than the more expensive product.

I don't know where you are from, but they don't think that way. What i have noticed is that they buy the console or whatever they buy based on price/value.

Around the Network

NA isn't the whole world... Wait until Japan sales are up. It was just a desperate move by the m$ camp to cut the price. It won't last.

fastyxx said:
LOL

Are Sony fans really bragging that because they suck in Japan - but not quite as hard as 360 - that their worldwide numbers are good?

Are 360 fans really excited about winning one week?

/sleep

360 fans are excited about the 360 winning 2nd place for one week. you can smell the desperation.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

I love the desperation.

NA numbers do not look too bad. 360 is in range, maybe a little low, PS3 however is too high, but we'll get a better estimate at NPD time.

Around the Network

So the PS3 costs $100 and the XBox 360 is on clearance this week and the PS3 has outsold the 360 since the 3nd week of December...okay fair enough the 360 has won the weee..ee..umm..wait Japan's numbers aren't even in yet...

Add another 12,000 for PS3 and 1,000 for 360 and yeah 360 probably won WW sales for the first time in 30 weeks, by 2,000 units when it's on clearnce.

Change the name of the thread.  Wallops is what you get if you put a tiger in the same cage as a weasel.  2,000 units worldwide ain't no wallop.

PSN: EDguila

PS3 library:  Motorstorm, Assasin's Creed, Orange Box, Uncharted:DF, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance:FOM, Rachet & Clank Future:ToD,

Near future: Folklore, SOCOM Confrontation, BioShock, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2.

Anytime the 360 sells 100k anywhere it's big. I hope this last a couple more weeks , So MS can realize how important being under 300 dollars is. We own NA in the HD war, we need to keep it going. I'm very happy with this win.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
alucardremixed said:
It was just a desperate move by the m$ camp to cut the price. It won't last.

And the PS3 "price cuts" weren't desperate?

This is no worse than when Sony took the 60 gig down to $500 and phased it out while introducing the 80gig at $600.

klaudkil said:
mic fanboys stop crying xbox360 has lost get over it..

klaudkil, it's cool you don't like MS and think Sony is the bomb-diggity but that doesn't give you the right to troll everything MS related.  If this is how you're going to act here, just save us all the trouble and go somewhere else.  Otherwise, play nicely and welcome to the forums.

disolitude said:
Pristine20 said:
Neos said:
Pristine20 said:
Didn't the EU get a price cut as well?

no official ones, although retailers are cutting prices

Interesting, I would've thought that M$ would want to fight back in EU as Sony is currently breezing by them there.

When its not selling...its not selling. Isn't the arcade model half of the price of ps3 in europe? I don't think they can go much lower than that.

I'm European (that moved to Canada as a kid) and generally speaking Europeans have this strange attitude that most expensive is the best. And they want to own the best...So 360 could be free and some people would still buy the ps3. Rarely will they think that something that is cheaper can be jsut as good if not better than the more expensive product.

Err... I don't think overlooking shoddy designs that have fundamental flaws is a 'strange attitude' nor do I think we blindly buy the most expensive.  I might as well wonder why Americans always buy cheaper even if its flawed... the message is don't generalize you just insult whether you mean to or not.

OT not bad boost but it won't last as MS have stated the price will remain same as before for new SKU so this is temporary at best, plus this week is probably the biggest the spike will be.

Still, the message on price point is pretty clear so it'll be interesting if MS take the bait to drop prices properly.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...