By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Games for Windows Live now completely free

Yay *goes to try Gears of War online again*

But yea, too late.

Around the Network

we can only hope this is a sign of things to come.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

good stuff! i can play gears online on my pc for free next time my live subscription runs out!

I tried the Vista version of Halo 2 earlier when I read about this (I really regret wasting $50 on that game when it was released..), and it's still "non-free".

hey, at least we will (possibly) be able to play Halo 3 with X360 owners :)
if didn't take them so long I'd have considered GoW over COD4, now it's too late :P

but I still wish that Relic had made a deal with Valve guys and not this GFW stuff...

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
lol who cares... honestly.... LIVE is horrid on consoles and PC. They should pay you to use it.

tut tut tut

and you call yourself a mod

salaminizer said:

hey, at least we will (possibly) be able to play Halo 3 with X360 owners :)
if didn't take them so long I'd have considered GoW over COD4, now it's too late :P

but I still wish that Relic had made a deal with Valve guys and not this GFW stuff...

don't count on it, Microsoft wants the Halo 3 players to feel good about themselves and if they played against PC players they would get pwned like no ones business.  If they keep those people happy, they buy more Halo titles and other games.

Steam like steaming horse manure?

obieslut said:
ssj12 said:
lol who cares... honestly.... LIVE is horrid on consoles and PC. They should pay you to use it.

tut tut tut

and you call yourself a mod

But it's true...

You shouldn't have to pay for Live...360 gamers are just used to it and don't want to live without it.  If there was a boycott, like PC gamers essentially did, because nobody in their right mind would use Windows Live, XBL could get a price drop at least.

Microsoft won't drop the XBL charges anytime soon though...it's what kept their gaming division afloat pretty much.

Live is nothing special at all.  PS3 gamers almost have the same functionality for free, PC gamers have vastly more expansive online capabilities, all free...360 gamers just get willingly shafted.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm refusing to pay for Xbox Live, and always have.

And I'm sure you'll agree that it's easy to boycott a product that has a superior free alternative, which the 360 does not have.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!