By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Games for Windows Live now completely free

Serves them right. After Halo 2 vista, MS must have figured that PC gamers are not as foolish as they think.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

lol who cares... honestly.... LIVE is horrid on consoles and PC. They should pay you to use it.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Too late.

Microsoft and EA can just die in the PC market. Long Live Steam

although i havce Xbox live this is a good move maybe now more games will use GFWL
as i like having Achievments and GFWL is easier to use making PC gaming more Easy to use for casual gamers

Around the Network

Haha.

MS are always good for laughs.

MGS4!

Kyros said:
LOL selling services to PC gamers who got (and expected) equal and better service for free was a huge hit I guess. Nice try M$.

that was always what I thought about it, and why I can't understand why people pay for it for 360 and are proud they are paying it.

Good, now I don't have any qualms about a Windows Live enabled game. Charging you or gimping you until you charged for nearly the exact same things a service such as Steam does for free..... uh no.

So why are they already talking about DX11? There really aren't many, games that actually use DX10 and making DX11 vista (and the next Windows) only makes me think DX11 would have the same 'amazing' success that DX10 has had, if not worse because now everybody would have to upgrade again.

Unless I'm not seeing this clearly, I don't think this will wind up too much better than DX10, which makes DX10 feel like it's incomplete and is now being thrown out.

cwbys21 said:
Kyros said:
LOL selling services to PC gamers who got (and expected) equal and better service for free was a huge hit I guess. Nice try M$.

that was always what I thought about it, and why I can't understand why people pay for it for 360 and are proud they are paying it.

Yea seriously, apparently $3 a month does a pretty piss poor job of weeding out all the immature people.

Though Xbox Live and the software of the 360 do get a lot of cool features.

Too late. But still good news.