By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kyros said:
Why do people hate Wal Mart? Same reason.

The difference is that Walmart is awesome and the only decent shopping experience in the North American continent (besides Target). ALL of your supermarkets besides those two suck. So people hating it are stupid hippies.

On the other hand Microsoft has tormented millions of people with the mediocre software you cannot escape so they have earned this wrath. (Which doesn't mean that there was necessarily all the time a superiour alternative to MS)

Walmart sucks also. What about their human rights abuses?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
slimeattack said:
Microsoft makes crap: Vista which slows the computer down, IE which is simply one big security vunerability and 360 which still has a big failure rate. Besides, almost everything is copied from someone else, mostly Apple. I would give you $1000 if you could name me one thing that was created by Microsoft.

Xbox 360 was created by Microsoft. Sooo...I'll take my $1000 in an eBay gift certificate. Thank you.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

ManusJustus said:
ChronotriggerJM said:

^^^^^^^^^ get over yourself -_- I've got my own views on world politics and I stand by them thanks. I love how you talk about scholarships, and poor, and homeless...and terminally ill blah blah blah blah blah. Yeah we still have that in America >_> who's taking care of these people? Not microsoft. Can it.

I never said I hated micrsoft because they were charitable... I'm just saying don't automatically assume it's because they have interest in Africa >_> Many companies do many things for many reasons for all these types of charities. Microsoft is not our good generous savior...

1. Actually Microsoft is helping take care of these people buy paying taxes which the government uses to fund aid programs as well as job multipliers where Microsoft owners and employees put more money into the economy and create more jobs.  Also, Bill Gates directly donates money to such causes.

2. I didnt know that Windows OS or XBox 360 was big in Africa.  Maybe disadvantaged Africans can purhcase an Xbox 360 while they are in the bread line.

Them and like every other major corporation out there friend :P Agreeing with Naz, Bill gates is awesome :P

Please don't instantly assume it's because they have interest in helping Africa :P Like I mentioned before, probably a tax thing.

None of this matters mind you, as it has nothing to do with anything. Microsoft fund's charities, so does Sony, so does Wallmart. Shall we crucify Sony for putting Folding @ Home on the XMB?

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

mrstickball said:
Beats me. Fact is, Nintendo and Sony have both equally done many stupid things when it comes to their respective markets, 

I don't hate MS, but I must ask if you can note something *any* videogame company did as damaging to customers as the whole RRoD scenario?  I won't use the descriptor you use, as I think it is at least unnecessary, and possibly untrue in all cases.

Why do people love to hate on windows so much. If it wasn't for windows i'm positive that the home PC market wouldn't be what it is today.

The Zune is there to compete with OTHER MP3 PLAYERS.. There is a world outside of iPod...

Vista is not a rip of OSX... How can anyone say this?

All these people who moan and complain that OMG M$ are forcing me to use windows blah blah blah.... use Linux then you tools.

At the end of the day it's most of the people who complain about Microsoft that are using Microsoft products voluntarily.

Microsoft may do a lot of bad things. But most every company does. It's just some pathetic trend that it's cool to hate Microsoft.

Yes

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Beats me. Fact is, Nintendo and Sony have both equally done many stupid things when it comes to their respective markets, yet most (not all, mind you) fail to recognize that corporations exist to make money, and will do whatever they can to have profitability.

Yet despite this, the majority of issues with MS, from what I've seen, are rather idiotic, and created by companies that are fusterated that they can't get on their own money train because they were too stupid to innovate like Microsoft has.

And for those whining that MS does crazy stuff to ensure competitors can't do well: uhhh...What company doesn't? That's the competitive nature of business. The best products usually win. Look at how big OpenOffice.org has become over the past few years with their suite of office products....Pretty good, no?

And I'd love to see Bill Gates vs. Nintendo & Sony when it comes to charitable giving.

the reason i dislike microsoft isn't because "nintendo/sony can't get on their own money train because they were too stupid to innovate like Microsoft has." (btw thats a load of BS" we're not upset BECAUSE they do things to do better but HOW they do things to do better. for example, if i want my company to do better i would try and MAKE my company better. i would do my best to make my product as good as it could be and hopefully it would be better than the competition. now what microsoft does when it wants to make itself better is look at what the competition has and throws money at it until the other company doesnt have it and microsoft does. thats worse than copying because when you copy its usually not as good as the original but this is literally taking the other competions good ideas. examples of this are micro$oft buying rare depriving nintendo of one of their greatest franchises and gta4 and fallout exclusive content.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

basically, they have bring NOTHING

all was stolen from Apple.

Time to Work !

Where I live Google is putting in a research and development center as well as a distribution center. They spent 2-3 years surveying the surrounding counties and decided to put it in mine. Google bought out a ton of small businesses as well as small software devleoper that creates microchips for the assembly lines here. (My city is the 2nd largest producer of fiberobtic cable on the eastern seaboard) Our last commerce meeting estimated a total of 400-500 ppl will lose their jobs and only 5-10% of that will be reemployed to Google. SO the county will become much more wealthy in the next decade but, at least for now, will have a huge unemployment spike.

This is how business works people. MS as well as thousands of businesses do this every year. This is business and it's the way its always been. Since our previous political administrations decided to get rid of our anti-trust laws it's going to happen more and more. The fact is most companies are far from boyscouts.

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

ion-storm said:

Why do people love to hate on windows so much. If it wasn't for windows i'm positive that the home PC market wouldn't be what it is today. PC's would have been fine, Microsoft just seems to be the current face, that's all. PC's are tools, the worlds need for them would not have dropped off the map without windows I guarantee you.

The Zune is there to compete with OTHER MP3 PLAYERS.. There is a world outside of iPod... Microsoft never showed any interest in the MP3 player market, not until one goliath started raking money with it. Other MP3 players? Right Microsofts gunning for the Zen!

Vista is not a rip of OSX... How can anyone say this? I will agree with this, I can't even joke that Vista is anything LIKE OSX, Vista is more a rip at... somthing... I'm not sure they even know.

All these people who moan and complain that OMG M$ are forcing me to use windows blah blah blah.... use Linux then you tools. If some of the programs that people want and need ran on it, I guarantee you they would :P If linux ran every game that Windows did, no PC gamer would continue to use Windows. Why drag the rest of your experience down? :D

At the end of the day it's most of the people who complain about Microsoft that are using Microsoft products voluntarily. Never have, most likely never will :)

Microsoft may do a lot of bad things. But most every company does. It's just some pathetic trend that it's cool to hate Microsoft. I prefer sausage to bacon :/

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

libellule said:
basically, they have bring NOTHING

all was stolen from Apple.

Microsoft actually seems like one of the least original electronics companies in the world these days.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com