By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony and Nintendo team up to bring you 1080p on the Wii

How long until some non-nintendo company releases a TV with some IRLED's in it (to replace the sensor bar)? I mean, its not like the sensor bar is anything special, and some might like that just to avoid needing to connect and center the sensor bar.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Around the Network
telboy007 said:
Lingyis said:
nintendo won't ever make TV's. that's be like financial suicide.

But think of the colours they'd come in! Personally I'd love a pikachu yellow 50" LCD.

That would be awesome, but not because it would be Nintendo, but because I just like yellow (and it's the color of my car).

I dont understand, why doesnt it look garbled. It normally would. Anyone want to explain this "tuner"? And how much does it cost.

Blue3 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
I can hate the PS3 and still enjoy Sony TVs...before somebody tries to use that somehow in an argument.

good to see you accpet your bias.

What, I don't like the PS3...that doesn't mean my moderating ability is in any way different.  When good titles like LBP, Uncharted, MGS4 come out, perhaps I'll change my mind about the PS3.  But I have every right to hate it...just like you hate the Wii and love to tell us about it in more than half of your posts...even if the topic isn't even about the Wii.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

twesterm said:
telboy007 said:
Lingyis said:
nintendo won't ever make TV's. that's be like financial suicide.

But think of the colours they'd come in! Personally I'd love a pikachu yellow 50" LCD.

That would be awesome, but not because it would be Nintendo, but because I just like yellow (and it's the color of my car).

Mmmm, nice car My dad's got a custom painted bright yellow Espace, but that's kinda off topic.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Around the Network
Tispower said:
RolStoppable said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Dang...Nintendo COULD make TVs...there'd be so many people buying those things...

Nintendo: "We could have made TVs, it's just that we chose not to."

lol, I can imagine that

hell id buy a nintendo tv...if it had a wii sensor bar buit into it id love it

Wii ID: 3598-1817-7961-3393. PM me if you want an add

If it wasnt for MGS4, the PS3 is unnecessary

Xyrax said:
I dont understand, why doesnt it look garbled. It normally would. Anyone want to explain this "tuner"? And how much does it cost

First of all, I highly doubt it'd look noticeably garbled in such low resolution shots, but anyway.

From the looks of it, it's probably one of these receivers: STR-DA5200ES. It comes with a Faroudja DCDi scaler - which basically means uber quality deinterlacing and upscaling. Since it's most likely a better scaler than your TV's internal scaler, it'll look better.

And it isn't expensive at all... after all, it just dropped $200 to $1300.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

Are you going to buy an Blu Ray player now? (ie PS3)

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Just WOW!
It actually looks just as good as on my SXRD RPTV (the optical RP technology smooths out the jaggies), but this one is actually a LCD if I'm not mistaken, so the Faroudja is doing a pretty good job.
The Wii games look amazing on these Sony TV, which are among the best.
That's why I can never take seriously people that say the Wii looks like crap on their HDTV.

Blue3 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
I can hate the PS3 and still enjoy Sony TVs...before somebody tries to use that somehow in an argument.

good to see you accpet your bias.

Every time you post I think less and less of you.

ookaze said:
Just WOW!
It actually looks just as good as on my SXRD RPTV (the optical RP technology smooths out the jaggies), but this one is actually a LCD if I'm not mistaken, so the Faroudja is doing a pretty good job.
The Wii games look amazing on these Sony TV, which are among the best.
That's why I can never take seriously people that say the Wii looks like crap on their HDTV.

I didn't say my games look like crap, it's just a few games I can spot the jaggies a lot easier than others because when buying my TV I forgot LCD TV's are bad for Wii and PS2.  Personally, I'm quite happy with my Sony Bravia TV and even happy playing my Wii and PS2 games on it.