By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why isn't the DS doing as well in America as in Japan or Europe

Isn't the DS basically sold out in the US, and close to selling out worldwide? Taking into account that Nintendo might be stocking as many as 30% of systems for Xmas, and that they are making close to 2m/month...

That leaves about 1.4m / month for worldwide distribution. We know Japan is taking up about 600k-700k/month, which only leaves 750k/month - for the rest of the world. I'll be surprised if the US is being allocated more than say 400k-450k/month, which is basically the selling out rate.

Also consider the huge titles coming out in Japan in the next month (including Zelda), and Nintendo may be diverting more units than normal.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
shams said:

Isn't the DS basically sold out in the US, and close to selling out worldwide? Taking into account that Nintendo might be stocking as many as 30% of systems for Xmas, and that they are making close to 2m/month...

That leaves about 1.4m / month for worldwide distribution. We know Japan is taking up about 600k-700k/month, which only leaves 750k/month - for the rest of the world. I'll be surprised if the US is being allocated more than say 400k-450k/month, which is basically the selling out rate.

Also consider the huge titles coming out in Japan in the next month (including Zelda), and Nintendo may be diverting more units than normal.

Thats what my avatar keeps telling us.

I wouldnt be suprised if that is happening with the Wii.

If they get Zelda PH to the US in December, I predict it will be the #1 game for the holidays.