By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is why the PS3 needs to win this gen

Its not like Nintendo will never go HD.  Their next console will definatly trump the PS3's power, they are just working on other values first.  You hear all these rumors of motion based controllers for sony and MS next system.  basically nintendo diceided to take the road less traveled by, and ultimatly end up at the same destination, but with more expirience in the new while sony and MS will be just making their first "new" way to game.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Around the Network

No system needs to win this generation. People just need to make smart choices. Here is how I look at it. If you are poor buy a PS3 you won't need an HDTV for it, their are a lot of cheap PS1 and PS2 games plus PSN titles, it has the widest selection of game types to choose from in the future, and is the most future proofed. If your are ok on money, but not loaded buy a 360, a lot of great games are coming out for the system, Xbox live is a great service for kids and adults, and it is future proofeable it you want to upgrade in the future. If you are rich buy a Wii, cause you will need to buy a ton of other extreamly expensive AV stuff if not geeting one of the other consoles anyway, and if you are not into av so that dose not apply to you then you are still going to need to get another console long berfoe a 360 or PS3 owner, because if you were bored enoughf with the gamecube, PS2, or Xbox that you bought a wii then you wii cycle will be very short.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

This whole debacle isnt just about graphics - The fact is the Wii cant handle games with the same scope, size and AI CPU complexity as the PS3/X360....

Thats what mostly concerns me....people wanna talk about gameplay and immersion...its not graphics, or a wireless waggle remote...its how "alive" the game world can really feel by implimenting deep AI....

I agree with the OP, but not just for graphics.

Imagine a new Zelda adventure the same scope as say Oblivion.....

What could shiggy do with the Power of the X360/PS3? I would like to see.

He can say things like "I could have made Halo" - but I sure havent seen any Halo like AI in any of his games.....

I think its actually HARDER to make good games for the big boy systems..... Id like to see Shiggy take a stab at it. Put his designs where his mouth is.....

How do I feel about the Wii? Check it out ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180116681357

Playstation Network - Abrader

Gballzack said:
Yet another thread of Sony fans trying to convince everyone Wii is bad... PS3 is good... and therin vice-versa on the return. There are seriously like 17 of these threads already. Pick one and run with it.

Yes - show us more of those hott GooseFighter II: Turbo pictures....

Of course there are some girls that like DMC and there are some that like FF or Kingdom Hearts, but the vast majority of them are in the direct mindset that games are stupid. Go around and ask which game girls would prefer DDR or MGS4, Singstar v Starfox, Kingdom Hearts v Resident Evil. Then look at how many of those types of games there are on the market today. Then what about older people, who don't wanna embark on some epic adventure or have fun on a sports game. The type that are looking to keep their mind sharp on a game like Brain Age or learn to have fun with hobbies like Cooking Mama. Then you need games which all of these different gamers can come togethor on and play, IE Wii series.

We are still getting games like Zelda and Mario just not getting the piles of crap that was piled ontop of those from last generation. Games like Cooking Mama are a way of making a cheap easy and good game, instead of making a cheap easy crappy FPS or RPG.

You know that all of this attention on the casual gamer will actually end up opening up new and innovative games for us right? Like that Fire Fighting game that Bodhesatva is raving about.

Games like Boogie or DDR shouldn't even be that tough for us to enjoy either. They are good for parties and a lot of fun.

Around the Network
abrader said:
Gballzack said:
Yet another thread of Sony fans trying to convince everyone Wii is bad... PS3 is good... and therin vice-versa on the return. There are seriously like 17 of these threads already. Pick one and run with it.

Humor me as to how this is relevant

Gballzack said:
abrader said:
Gballzack said:

Humor me as to how this is relevant

If yer a fan of the Goose action shots - VERY!

The PS3 will when this race and by a good margin. Sony knows as well as any other intelligent human life on the planet, that the majority of people in this world are exteamly unintelligent. People as a majority make stupid decisions, because most do not look at a situation from every angle before making a dessision. The PS3 is the best deal in consumer electronics at this very moment, and will continue to be until the next Playstation comes out. If someone went and bought a PS3 in November 06 they made a purchase that will still be relevent 15 years from now. All of the people that bought a PS3 are intelligant people, that looked at all the possible scenarios and came to the only smart conclusion, the PS3 is the best purchase they could possibly make. Thanks to the kindness of Sony the stupid people of the world which is most people have a chance to buy the PS3 for years to come. With every passing day the PS3 becomes that much better of a purchase compared to the Wii and 360 until eventually everyone with what I look at as the bare minimal of intelligance realizes they must have one if they have any interest in entertanment.
If the Wii does when this generation the world will be in a sad state, Hillary Clinton will be president of the US w/the door opening for arnold swartzinager to be elligable (this will happen regrdless), and people will be on the 5 itertion of the Wii by 2015 having spent 1200 USD on consoles while also purchasing a Blu-Ray player, because you will barley be able to find DVDs and all the retards will still be in debt because they are incapable of looking to the future when they make a decisions.

P.S. To all of you pieces of shit that only support Nintendo in thier fine job of fucking over the consumer. The next Playstation will not be 599.99 at launch Ken Kuteragi is gone and Sony did the PS3 the way it is on purpose. Ken was ready to go into retirment, and wanted to lay a foundation of what the future of Playstation needed. The next playstation will have a Cell processorbut it will be 50 times more powerful than cell in PS3, but very cost effective because ken laid out the path. The next Playstation will use Blu-Ray for all of you that have not been paying attiontion the last 3 years Blu-ray has the ability to get 8x bigger than it is right now. The only new tech in the PS4 will be the jointly developed nVidia and Sony GPU. PS4 will cost 499.99 at launch.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

ssj12 said:
Dryden said:
ssj12 said:

Things like what they are doing will make it so that you cant truly be taken in by the characters and make you feel right in the action

I'm saying the Wii is destroying the consept of immersive gameplay. 

Ok, you're right... pressing buttons is far more immersive than motion capture. Wii tennis would have been WAY more immersive if I sat on the couch pressing X instead of swinging a remote like an actual tennis racket. And aiming with dual analog is SO MUCH BETTER than actually pointing at the screen. I mean, pointing something and shooting? That's not realistic or immersive. Guns don't work like that! Moving my thumb is way more realistic and immersive than aiming something! Geez!

/sarcasm

Are you KIDDING?!? This post, and the whole premise of this thread is precisely why people like you can't be taken seriously.

Crap! I saw this on the front page and thought it was a new post. I didn't mean to help resurrect this stupid thread. Sorry!