By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If all consoles were priced at $250

^^^^^^ i told u ppl won't admit it instead they'll say that features would be stripped completely ignoring the word "HYPOTHETICAL"

Around the Network
Beja-Beja said:
^^^^^^ i told u ppl won't admit it instead they'll say that features would be stripped completely ignoring the word "HYPOTHETICAL"

thats why some people on this site do my head in

Ok...If the ps3 is hypothetically at $250 then the wii would hypothetically be $100 to $150.

Therefor hypothetically Wii > all

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

obieslut said:
The_vagabond7 said:
lets see, at 250 dollars the PS3 no longer has a blu-ray player or the cell, probably loses a bit of it's multimedia functions and becomes the wii minus the wiimote. The 360 can stay pretty much the same, maybe sans a hard drive (basically getting the arcade model which might be 250 already, dunno) and the wii stays the same. I'd say the wii over the arcade 360, and the PS3 is too gimped for it to be anything impressive.

you have avoided the question. just answer it how it is supposed to be answered i mean come on the ps3 does have the cell and the blu ray. so you include that in your answer not say oh well the ps3 would have to be gimped to seel it at 250, that why the tittle of this thread

CLERLY SAYS IF

I ignore the question because it's a dumb ass question. If I can get an oven that plays blu ray movies for the same price as a regular oven obviously it's a better deal. The question is just stupid fanboy gibberish, a lame attempt to make an irrelevant and moot point. Thusly I just made up a question that made a little bit more sense and answered that one, forgive me.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

OK, I'll start this post by ranking the consoles by value assuming they all have equal cost yet somehow are the same hardware as in reality:
1. PS3 with BC
2. Wii
3. 360 with HDD
4. PS3 without BC
5. 360 without HDD

Next: Rock_on_2008, your thread (and all threads like this) will get destroyed unless you make it very clear in the OP that this is a completely hypothetical question with no practical real-world application. Otherwise, many many people will come in and rightly point out that (A) there is no way that Sony could get the PS3 as it is now down to the same price as the Wii without damning themselves to complete financial destruction, and the losses would have been ridiculous for MS; and (B) if we hypothesize a different PS3, one which would have only cost an amount that would make selling it for $250 possible for Sony, then it would be so different from the present PS3 (no Blu-ray, downgraded/no Cell, etc.) that it is useless to speculate about it.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

How long will the Wii stay at the same price of $250? Wait until the competitions are at the same price or sales slow down? 2 years without a price drop is a long time. Will it be 3 or 4 years without a price drop?

Rock_on_2008 said:
How long will the Wii stay at the same price of $250? Wait until the competitions are at the same price or sales slow down? 2 years without a price drop is a long time. Will it be 3 or 4 years without a price drop?

If you still can't find one on the shelf then yes, it will be 3 or 4 years. If they start to stay on the shelf for more than thirty minutes, then they might consider it. Otherwise you're just throwing away money.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

My prediction happened while I was writing it.

Now, I'll elaborate on my earlier response: 

"Rock_on_2008 said:
I created this thread to see what is the best dollar for dollar value for each console. What is the best way to see it - hypothetically price them at the same price."

This is ridiculous because you are NOT comparing dollar for dollar value once you make up pretend amounts of dollars.  I mean, I can get often a 2 liter bottle of pop for about the same price as a 20oz bottle (~590mL) -- more at a convenience store, less at a grocery store.  That's a real-world value comparison.  What YOU'RE doing is like saying "which would be a better deal if you're planning a party, assuming a can of beer and a keg of beer cost the same?"  DURR I WONDER. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Rock_on_2008 said:

When the ps3's price closes in, because they will lose alot of sales

I would never buy a Nintendo Wii no matter what the price. I won a Nintendo Wii and guess what I gave it to my 5 year old cousin.