By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If all consoles were priced at $250

PS3 wins. Sony goes bankrupt.

Around the Network

If they were the same price I'd have to say PS3 would be the best value while the Wii would be the worst. It may have a few good games, but that doesn't make it worth more than $250 for me.

lets see, at 250 dollars the PS3 no longer has a blu-ray player or the cell, probably loses a bit of it's multimedia functions and becomes the wii minus the wiimote. The 360 can stay pretty much the same, maybe sans a hard drive (basically getting the arcade model which might be 250 already, dunno) and the wii stays the same. I'd say the wii over the arcade 360, and the PS3 is too gimped for it to be anything impressive.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Well the Xbox 360 is the best buy for it great libary and it wins over the wii cause it can play DVD's

so Xbox 360 is the best buy for that price.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Rock_on_2008 said:

I created this thread to see what is the best dollar for dollar value for each console. What is the best way to see it - hypothetically price them at the same price.

If they were hypothetically priced the same..........they would most likely contain the same features, thus making your analysis a waste. If they were all around the same price, the "PS3" would most likely have the most sales...........not due to blu-ray, since blu-ray can't be packed into a PS3 at that price (yet) or HD graphics, or the cell but because of brand name.

Around the Network

well, at 250, the ps3 would have to be just a blu-ray player, so it would be the worst buy. Its a toss up between the core and the wii, but i pick the wii.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

considering the ps3 sells so well being almost twice that price, the ps3 would win if it was 250, especially the 80gb

I still think Wii would of won.

Also sony would of been bankrupted... or close in anycase... and would have let go of their entire Playstation division.

The_vagabond7 said:
lets see, at 250 dollars the PS3 no longer has a blu-ray player or the cell, probably loses a bit of it's multimedia functions and becomes the wii minus the wiimote. The 360 can stay pretty much the same, maybe sans a hard drive (basically getting the arcade model which might be 250 already, dunno) and the wii stays the same. I'd say the wii over the arcade 360, and the PS3 is too gimped for it to be anything impressive.

you have avoided the question. just answer it how it is supposed to be answered i mean come on the ps3 does have the cell and the blu ray. so you include that in your answer not say oh well the ps3 would have to be gimped to seel it at 250, that why the tittle of this thread

CLERLY SAYS IF

You are not reading what I wrote. The best model of each console priced at $250.

The PS3 80GB is by far the best value for money. The Wii at $250 is expensive and is the worst buy of the three.