By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I sell my Wii?

If you'd rather have the cash and you can get more for it than what you paid for it and there aren't any announced games for the rest of the year that you're committed to buying, then sell it.

I'd say keep the games you have and buy another one in the future when they cost less, are regularly stocked and the library has more titles that you're interested in buying.

There's no point in hanging onto a console you don't plan on buying any games for unless money isn't an issue and you just want to keep your options open in case something DOES come out that you want to play.

Seeing as how a used Wii still commands a premium, if there's a time to sell one, it's from now until they're regularly stocked, which will probably be sooner than most believe with the recent increase in production.

Around the Network

i am waiting til TGS to sell it, if it sucks
50/50 chance for me it does, i will sell it.

No the best solution would be to give it to me!

Lol seriously you should re-consider. E3 doesn't show all the games. It's a media event now... I would wait a little bit if I were you. There is always third party too, you know?

But you decide after all it's your console and money...

I sold mine for more than I payed for it. I don't regret it. Nintendo is definitely not the same company I loved NES to GC. I was a huge Ninty fanboy before the Wii came out.

Unless they do something that really brings me back to them, I don't think I will re-buy. E3 2008 didn't help that at all.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Sell it, you will gain money. If good games indeed come out, then buy one in 2009/2010 for a lower price.

Around the Network

Why do you wanna sell it?

mm all people here are going to tell you to keep it but for me im just 1 console 1 pc gamer not 2 consoles thats why i sold mine i wasnt really using it..

The question is do you really use it?

FinalEvangelion said:
I sold mine for more than I payed for it. I don't regret it. Nintendo is definitely not the same company I loved NES to GC. I was a huge Ninty fanboy before the Wii came out.

Unless they do something that really brings me back to them, I don't think I will re-buy. E3 2008 didn't help that at all.

Except... they're... putting... out... the... same... ammount... of... "hardcore".... games... that... they... always... have...

dont the future is bright

do you only have the wii games in your games collection in this site? if yes then you didn't play the best wii has to offer, it should be entirely up to you, if you don't think the games library is not to your liking then sell it.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434