By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360: Full Installation of Games to Take 10 Minutes, -30% Load Times

dolemit3 said:
DMeisterJ said:
JaggedSac said:
DJ's shtick is getting rather old.

What "schtick"? Truth?

Well, if you want to hate on me for spreading the truth, then so be it.

The truth that was known since the day the 360 launched. Just how desperate are you to keep it repeating for the past 2 1/2 years over and over?

What are you talking about?

We're talking about installs, which just happened in Febraury?  What two years are you talking about?

Around the Network

People are now indicating that the 360 is obnoxiously louder than a jet engine. They've also admitted that the 360 drive has a wear and tear problem with the drive spinning so much. And also, inadvertently made it known that the load times on 360 games is not exactly where they'd want them to be.

This is what I am talking about. All of these were known since day one.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

dolemit3 said:

People are now indicating that the 360 is obnoxiously louder than a jet engine. They've also admitted that the 360 drive has a wear and tear problem with the drive spinning so much. And also, inadvertently made it known that the load times on 360 games is not exactly where they'd want them to be.

LOL.  I was just about to post the exact same thing.

dolemit3 said:

The 360 is loud? Thank you, Captain Obvious...

Optical drives have wear and tear problems? What else is new?

It's always good to have lower loading times? No shit, Sherlock...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
dolemit3 said:

The 360 is loud? Thank you, Captain Obvious...

Optical drives have wear and tear problems? What else is new?

It's always good to have lower loading times? No shit, Sherlock...

Which is exactly what he was referring to about DMJ posting stuff that we've known since launch and DMJ was trying to insinuate that these were just "recent" discoveries...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

@smbu2000: Yep, all of that was of course directed at DMeisterJ.

NJ5 said:

@smbu2000: Yep, all of that was of course directed at DMeisterJ.

ah, ok, gotcha! :D

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

dolemit3 said:

No...  People definitely were trying to downplay all of the things that I stated in that post. 

That wasn't the point of my post, but those things were definitely stated before, when people tried to downplay RRoD and all things associated with it.

@DMeisterJ: Downplaying loading times doesn't seem outlandish to me... They're not good to have, but nothing too bad either.

Downplaying the DVD drive wear and tear problem doesn't seem too bad to me either, after all it doesn't seem that many people are having problems with 360's drive (although of course this might change in the future).

This leaves us with your claim that some people spinned things by downplaying 360's loudness problem. You're probably right, but just because people downplayed it, it doesn't mean they didn't acknowledge it's a real problem. Even the people who downplayed it have the right to be happy that they now have an option to play 360 games with less noise. Maybe some people were delusional to the point of denying this problem, but to that I'd give a similar answer as the one I gave above when we were talking about optional installs.

It seems to me that you're scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to throw at 360 fanboys.

just got back from work and thought id ask a quick question.

i do not have a problem with 360 installs, in fact i think its a good idea and mabey developers cud even take advantage of it someday.

my problem is. il put it this way............

you have 13gig approx on your 20gig hd. if you copy a game lets say halo 3 or gear 2. taking in Mind a 7gig install from the game, that wud leave u with 6gig left on your hd. meaning possibly u can only install 1 game on a 20gig hd. i reckon there r about 14-15 million 20gig machines wud they all need to upgrade thier hard drives to enjoy multiple game installs and movies?

i feel its a jab at ppl 2 try and get them to buy bigger hardrives,

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...