By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Official Dark Knight discussion ***SPOILERS***

I like how the movie has plotlines with moral implications. Joker wants to see people get corrupted and to "watch the world burn."

He succeeded in corrupting Dent, and he won't kill Batman until he corrupts Batman as well (if Batman still remains good and dies, then Joker loses). He also hoped that the people in the ferries would kill each other off, thus proving his point that people have no morals.

But in the end of the movie, the director shows that people, in general, are good and that there is hope despite all the chaos and crap that goes on. I liked that, especially with the scene of the prisoner throwing away the detonator. The second ferry with the guy was good too, as it showed that even though it would make "sense" to blow up the ship of criminals, it would be jacked up to go through with it, knowing that you blew up the other ship to save your own, you would have blood on your hands.

In the end, you have to read into the moral implications. I believe that the director wanted to show that not everything is black and white (i.e. what two-face ultimately personifies). Even though there is no clear cut line that is drawn morality wise, there still is a zone you need to stay in that is "right."

Batman himself falls into this category. The director questions his morality as a vigilante. Batman is clearly not going by the books; he's broken a bunch of laws already (i imagine, Breaking and Entering, Trespassing, illegal search and seizure, assault, embezzeling money, all be it from his own company, I'm sure dropping someone from a building simply to break his legs isn't legal either, and etc. etc.).

Also Batman does things like use that weird cell phone sonar thing (which I don't believe would work, but I'll suspend my belief on that) on everyone's cell phone, which invades everyone's privacy. That is a device that is handy, but I don't think it was absolutely necessary to move the plot along. But it does bring up the question of giving up privacy for the sake of security (Lucious Fox in fact makes this plot device explicit by expressing his displeasure in Batman's meddling with people's cell phones).

In the end he "kills" Two Face (i say kill because that's what the audience is lead to believe), then tells Gordon to lie to the police and to the public; to tell them that Batman killed the 5 people, including two cops. And also to lie to the public about Dent's turn to being a crazy two face guy.

I enjoyed the fact that the director planned these things out so well; portraying Joker and Batman as intellectual equals, but taking opposite philosophical positions. Joker believes that everyone is an animal, and "when the chips are down," they will reveal their true colors and will throw out all the rules. Batman believes the opposite, that people, despite living in crappy situations (i.e. the ferry), are still inherently good.

/end of my disorganised rant

Around the Network

Also, did batman ever read that note from Rachel? I could have sworn that he did; but then in a later scene, alfred burns the note; presumably to hide its contents from Bruce.

Movie of the year for me, it was really great, especially the Joker.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Also there is the dynamic of the Joker, being pure chaos, Batman, representing order, and Dent, representing a person divided between the two ends of the spectrum.

I really wished that Dent stayed Dent for a while longer.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Anybody ever thought about Ra's Al Ghul coming back?!?!?!? They never show him really dying at the end of Batman Begins......... It would be interesting to see him come back maybe to try to finish the job, maybe he could bring Bain by his side........or maybe CLAYFACE(don't really know how they would do it with clayface). Maybe Killer Croc? I'm trying to think of dark characters. I think that Two-face can or can't be dead. The way Nolan left the movie, he could try to take it from any angle.

huh..... that's an interesting theory BJG.......

Here's a villain I would like to see though: Bain. or Baine. lol, I don't know his name.

If they made him like the incredible Hulk........ Now that would be a villainous monster.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

KNIGHFALL: I wanna see Azrael. Batman should get hurt in the next Bat-flick, and Azrael should take his place. By the end of the film, Azrael/Batman should be Bat-shit crazy, and Bruce Wayne/Batman should be kicking his ass! Batman needs a physical test.

No, batman needs robin.... and then robin needs to be killed by the joker..... Too bad nobody can play the joker :( I'm thinking though, the next film could take place 8 years later or something, and batman has to deal with the pain of what happened long ago.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Loved it, now cant wait for it on BR. Heath (i hated him) was fucking brilliant, how the fuck will they ever replace him ?

Thank god it took the record from SpiderCrap 3

Riddler would be cool for the next movie, all you simple cant look past the previous bs that Jim Carry did with the character.

Bane Azrael and KGBeast also.