By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: No more backward compatibility for the PS3

Big issue with leaving customer a choice is that non hardcore customers get confused, not knowing which model to buy.
Only 1 SKU is a lot better as it removes confusion.

No BC is still a very bad move though.....

Sony can't honestly believe that all those customers that bought MGS4 bundle on day 1 bought it for MGS4 and not for BC...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Ail,

they bought it because of the

80gb
usbo port
card reader
DS3 inside
MGS4 inside
100 credit card gift from Wallmart ...

Time to Work !

slimeattack said:

Come on, who here who has a PS3 with b/c has ever used it, and if so, how often? 

I've been using it to play MGS which I never really tried to play before for some reason. It just didn't really come to mind. I've also been going back and playing my favorite PS2 games.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

All I know is that if my PS3 didn't have BC it would be a huge issue for me.

My PS2 is getting old and I have actually have one PS2 title that my stepdaughter likes to play when she comes that works on the PS3 but won't work on the PS2 anymore ( the disc is scratched a little but it seems the PS3 handle that better than the PS2).

PS : forget the Wallmart 100$, the bundle sold out in every retailer and most of them didn't match the Wallmart thingy...

Edit : my PS3 BC gets used a lot. So far I have played GoW3 and FF XII on it and my step daughter who comes visit us 3-4 times a year is a big fan of Dynasty Warrior, Soul Calibur 3 and Tenchu and she spends 2h+ per day when at my place playing those old titles on the PS3....( I didn't buy the latest Dynasty Warrior on PS3 as the new combat system seemed lame).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I bought a 40 GB and I never felt the need to play a ps2 game.

Around the Network

One thing I don't get is why are they calling this new 80 GB with no b/c a "core" system if they do not intend to introduce a new one.  Unless we'll just be stuck with something like an 80/160 GB.

dropped BC on PS3 to sell more PS2 systems,,(while ps2 is sold at probably $30 profit)

I still think they will offer a full software solution later. Maybe for a price though.

slimeattack said:

Come on, who here who has a PS3 with b/c has ever used it, and if so, how often?

I have a 60gb and rarely use it. Is that even relevant though? Think of like a buying a new car equipped with a certain option. Does it matter how often it's used? Or even if it's used at all? Some people simply want the option to play upscaled ps2 games on their ps3.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

DMeisterJ said:
@ slicktrick

Yup. sony lied.

Name me a company that hasn't.

The company that Mother Theresa worked with.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229