By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sold in japan, Folks Soul bombs hard...

y-koron said:
kber81 said:

I'm totally destroyed... I have to ask...

@ y-koron

Do you like sumo?

Yes, I like Sumo. But it was very interesting 10~20 years ago. recent yerars, sumo wrestler bocome only big and it causes lack of exciting battle...

So you like wrestlers in type of Chiyonofuji or Wakanohana II ?... I get hooked on sumo because of Takanohana II - it was really exciting to watch him when he fought giants like Akebono Taro and Musashimaru Koyo... I think sumo is still very interesting. My favourits right now - Tochiozan, Goeido (juryo), Homasho, Yoshikaze... pity Tochiazuma doesn't fight any more...

Mods sorry for off topic but for a while I thought Japan isn't a country I love anymore...

Around the Network

Do somebody know that there are other versions than only Japanese - English?

My GF needs to learn Dutch so if there is an English-Dutch version it would be great I don't have to teach her...

So that is why it sells a lot ^^.

kber81 said:
y-koron said:
kber81 said:

I'm totally destroyed... I have to ask...

@ y-koron

Do you like sumo?

Yes, I like Sumo. But it was very interesting 10~20 years ago. recent yerars, sumo wrestler bocome only big and it causes lack of exciting battle...

So you like wrestlers in type of Chiyonofuji or Wakanohana II ?... I get hooked on sumo because of Takanohana II - it was really exciting to watch him when he fought giants like Akebono Taro and Musashimaru Koyo... I think sumo is still very interesting. My favourits right now - Tochiozan, Goeido (juryo), Homasho, Yoshikaze... pity Tochiazuma doesn't fight any more...

Mods sorry for off topic but for a while I thought Japan isn't a country I love anymore...

Yes, and I like Mainoumi and Terao. I like smaller wrestlers. It is very very exciting match that Mainoumi defeat  Konishiki.

@ konnichiwa

In Japan, there are some Japanese-other language version for travel.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

He means English - Dutch ;) Not like Japanese - other language.

@Konnichiwa, no not that I know of, Japan is so far the only country who pays attention to language software for the DS.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

I don't understand why anyone ever thought that folksoul was going to be a massive system seller anyway? i've always said that game would bomb and look what happens.

I agree... what's next??? Hot Shots Golf??? Gosh... if that fails then PS3 in Japan is truly screwed and if Sony fanboys couldn't admit it then they are deluded... screw that.

Not this year boys and girls... maybe later.

Around the Network
WiiGirl76 said:

Learning English games is important to the Japanese as many Japanese don't understand a word of English.

You don't hear me complaining for them to release kanji games and even DS Japanese dictionaries and I can tell you...they seriously rock! There are no better dictionaries then the ones on the DS, since then I hardly ever use the paper guides.

So the comments out here are real lame flaming, you should be glad there are developers who make it easier for people to learn a language and there's not a better way of learning on a fun way instead of listening to a boring teacher :P

FWIW, one of the reasons I bought the DS (aside from being able to play RPGs in bed and on the road) is for the promise of educational, non-gaming titles. I think the dictionary/encyclopedia-like apps such as the Bartender and Winemaking/tasting DS titles from EA could be HUGE movers in the US. Brain Age and Cooking Mama are fine fare for about 10 minutes while they're new, but those only scratch the surface of educational non-games for the DS, which have for the most part been entirely ignored in the US to this point.

I would buy up "learning German" or "learning Japanese" titles in a heartbeat if they were marginally interesting/rewarding time-wasters.

I guess I just fail to see why one has to be mutually exclusive to the other. Just because I would enjoy playing Brain Age on the pot doesn't make me a non-gamer or a casual gamer, it only illustrates the point of how diverse a system the DS is and why it's selling the way it is. Eventually, I need *something* that's a diversion to 100-hour marathons of Final Fantasy III, Diamond/Pearl, or Zelda. These "edutainment" titles are perfect.

// agree with John Lucas, the gamer elitism is not only becoming a tired act of sour fanboys, but it also displays a ridiculous level of narrow-mindedness, and therefore, IMHO, ignorance.

How is getting a DS for non-games any different than getting a PS3 for Blu-Ray, anyway? Is the PS3 also ruining gaming because its software sales suck because people only play movies on it?

DKII said:
How is getting a DS for non-games any different than getting a PS3 for Blu-Ray, anyway? Is the PS3 also ruining gaming because its software sales suck because people only play movies on it?

The blu Ray movies don't sell so good like software games on PS3.
And I thought Sony have/will launch(ed) an Blu Ray player who is cheaper than a PS3.

The software sales of the PS3 are barely beating the 360 which has less than half the install base. For weeks, the hardware of the PS3 has been outselling the software of the PS3.

From VGC:
PS3 Hardware LTD: 965,278
PS3 Software LTD: 1,384,036

360 Hardware LTD: 403,628
360 Software LTD: 1,381,573

kber81 said:
Folksoul is the biggest flop ever... shit. I was counting for at least 100k (week)... It's hard to believe... this game is solid, there was downloadable demo... drought and... Japan is lost. They don't play normal games anymore... I can understand it's not a systemseller but... there is nothing to play... Pathetic.

Erm, how can anyone say it bombed when it sold out? Unless you don't know, only 7,000 copies were shipped for launch which all sold out. Some are reporting consumers and retailers a little upset cause they expected a lot more considering they had roughly a 20,000 pre-order list. Do people on this site just comprehend only what they want to or something?