By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sold in japan, Folks Soul bombs hard...

blowfish said:
robjoh said:
blowfish said:
Wow the amount of nintendo fanboys in here defending the wii is getting abit much. A good game designed for the japanese market came out in japan for the ps3 yet it sold poorly. Why? Because thanks to nintendo pushing out cheap, shallow non games the taste of japanese gamers has changed. If this continues then real games will be in decline and vastly out numbered by the the non games. It's a sad day for real gamers.

What is a real gamer? Mayby you should wright it is a sad day for me, because honestly I am a gamer but I dont want to play folk soul.

EDIT: Let me reprash(sp?) this:

Can I be a real gamer, according to you, when I play to 90% Nintendo games? Because that is what I feel that you is writing.

I aren't much for the big story games,if I want a story I read a book (and I do read a lot)

Being a real gamer doesnt mean you have to like every single type of game. Zelda, mario and metroid are real games. Big brain academy, warioware, mercury meltdown, rayman raving rabbids, wii sports, wii play, mario strikers, elebits, excite truck, ssx blur, tony hawks downhill jam and mario party 8 are all either non games, kids games, mini games or dumbed down shallow experences compared to a real game of the same genre. Real gamers are what built the gaming industry and now it's become 'main stream' the masses who dont have a clue what a good game is are buying rubbish that reviews poorly.

First: so because I have never been a big fan of fps I aren't a real gamer? Well I think I have spend more hours then many others on a hardcore game called civilization.

Second: Mayby you should go into NeoGaf and say that, Excite Truck is a very beloved game on that site. They see it as a great arcade racer. Elebits I don't know much about, BUT all reviews I have read has been giving it a very good ranking (gamerankings gives it 75%).

I love Mario Strikers,  so now you are on really dangerous water, it is a great multiplayer game. A great acrcade style fotboll. I don't like Fifa because I think it is boring, and yes I do see myself as a gamer.

Third: Aren't you contradicting yourslef? You should love all games but not those games? 

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

Don't you understand? Only Sony fanboys can determine what a good/real game is.

Anyone who has fun on games that they don't deem good/real are ruining gaming.

RolStoppable said:
blowfish said:

So then you look at third parties, as soon as they saw the ds winning they wanted some of the action, so did the majority of them go out and make proper games for it or did they go out and make non games/kids games/mini games and ports or did the majority of them go and make real games for real gamers? I think you already know the answer to that.

So then look at the sales of the topselling 3rd party games on the DS. Are they all "non-games" made for people who are not "real gamers"?

3rd parties will continue to make what sells best on the DS, and that's not only "non-games" as you say.

Yes games developers will do what ever makes them the most money, if they can get away with maing shallow games that selling millions because the masses want shallow games then they will do that instead of making proper games for real gamers.

DonWii said:
NVM. I am going to stop arguing this, seeing as you dont believe that the hardcore gamer and what you call the non-gamer can coincide in the same console and that developers can cater to both.

Yes they can coincide on the same console but if things dont change the non games/mini games/ kids games and ports will dominate the software releases and the real games will be in decline, if your a real gamer, you dont want that.

FishyJoe said:
'Real' gamers buy 'Real' gamer magazines, hence 'Real' games will get 'Real' reviews. The reality is that 90% of the buying public are not 'Real' gamers. Rather than face this reality, they would rather whine and point fingers.

The majority of gamers are casual, thats good for the money making people,and bad for the proper gamers who want proper games made.

Around the Network
blowfish said:
robjoh said:
blowfish said:
DonWii said:
blowfish said:
Wow the amount of nintendo fanboys in here defending the wii is getting abit much. A good game designed for the japanese market came out in japan for the ps3 yet it sold poorly. Why? Because thanks to nintendo pushing out cheap, shallow non games the taste of japanese gamers has changed. If this continues then real games will be in decline and vastly out numbered by the the non games. It's a sad day for real gamers.

Nah. Japanese gamers have not changed. The problem is their budget hasnt either; they cant afford the expensive machine Sony is marketing. As soon as more developers start to see this, they TOO will make good games designed for the Japanese market, and they will produced on hardware that the Japanese can afford, be it the PSP/DS or Wii/PS2.

The real gamers are still there.

The real gamers are still their?? The psp isn't expensive yet the ds is absolutely smashing it in terms of sales. It is out selling it 4 or 5 to 1 every week. Go along to gamerankings.com and see if the ds has 4 or 5 times the amount of top rated games as the psp does. The short answer is no it doesn't. It's dominating because of non games like nintendogs and brain training. The psp has far more proper top rated games when compared to the ds but because of the non games the ds wins. So then you look at third parties, as soon as they saw the ds winning they wanted some of the action, so did the majority of them go out and make proper games for it or did they go out and make non games/kids games/mini games and ports or did the majority of them go and make real games for real gamers? I think you already know the answer to that.

Damn it now I am getting angry here. Proper top rated game??? Mayby people doesn't want your elite class of games? Mayby just somebody actualy likes New Super Mario Bros, Yoshia Island, Phoenix Wright, Hotell Dusk more than your favorite games!

I am not saying that your gaming preference is wrong but for fucking sake grow up and realise that you aren't the only gamer in the world!

Wow whats your problem? Every generation the console or handheld with the most top rated games has won simple as that. So far this gen the majority of top selling games on the nintendo platforms have been rated poorly because they arent very good, they are shallow and aren't proper games. However these types of games sell well to the casual masses who dont have a clue what a good game is. So real gamers suffer unless they are nintendo fanboys who just want nintendo to win. This whole situation is just like what happened to the rock industry when the music executives came up with the idea of pushing pop music to the little kids and 'the whole family'. Yeah the rock industry is doing just great right now...

My problem is that you seem to think that every "real" gamer likes those top games on the PSP. Well I do like the idea of diversity on the DS. The DS has tons of RPG, 2D plattforms and other games I would like to play. So next time you write real gamer you might ask yourself if your point of view is the only way to look at the market. This there is only one typ of real gamer is the biggest threat to the industry and it is also a elite mindset close to facism. I am a real gamer obey or die!

Or just mayby you should just as I do realise that not al gamers like the same games as I do. I have never been a friend or RTS, but I have spend hours playing TBS, do I look down on the RTS players? No I don't but you are looking down on some of my favorit games and says that I aren't a real gamer. 

blowfish said:
FishyJoe said:
'Real' gamers buy 'Real' gamer magazines, hence 'Real' games will get 'Real' reviews. The reality is that 90% of the buying public are not 'Real' gamers. Rather than face this reality, they would rather whine and point fingers.

The majority of gamers are casual, thats good for the money making people,and bad for the proper gamers who want proper games made.

That's life, you don't always get what you want. You can whine about it all day or just move on.

Bodhesatva said:
blowfish said:
robjoh said:
blowfish said:

What is a real gamer? Mayby you should wright it is a sad day for me, because honestly I am a gamer but I dont want to play folk soul.

Can I be a real gamer, according to you, when I play to 90% Nintendo games? Because that is what I feel that you is writing.

I aren't much for the big story games,if I want a story I read a book (and I do read a lot)

Being a real gamer doesnt mean you have to like every single type of game. Zelda, mario and metroid are real games. Big brain academy, warioware, mercury meltdown, rayman raving rabbids, wii sports, wii play, mario strikers, elebits, excite truck, ssx blur, tony hawks downhill jam and mario party 8 are all either non games, kids games, mini games or dumbed down shallow experences compared to a real game of the same genre. Real gamers are what built the gaming industry and now it's become 'main stream' the masses who dont have a clue what a good game is are buying rubbish that reviews poorly.

Can you name a deep game please? You use the term shallow in a much different way than I would. Just curious. Thanks!

Ok for example pro evolution soccer is a proper game. It has realistic gameplay, contains most of the proper teams and their is alot of skill involved in playing the game. Then on the other hand you have mario strikers which is a shallow pick up and play kids game. Both games are of the same genre but one is a proper game and the other is a dumbed down version with very little depth.

What are these new lame terms I am reading?

non games
real gamers
proper games

WTF is this bs?

I like playing fake games myself. I am a fake gamer.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

blowfish said:
Bodhesatva said:
blowfish said:
robjoh said:
blowfish said:

Can you name a deep game please? You use the term shallow in a much different way than I would. Just curious. Thanks!

Ok for example pro evolution soccer is a proper game. It has realistic gameplay, contains most of the proper teams and their is alot of skill involved in playing the game. Then on the other hand you have mario strikers which is a shallow pick up and play kids game. Both games are of the same genre but one is a proper game and the other is a dumbed down version with very little depth.

Ok now I am voting for ban here...

Pro Evolution Soccer might be much much more deeper than Mario Strikers, but why should that mean that Mario strikers is a kids game? I have been playing Mario Strikers or Mario Kart in more pre parties than I can remeber (my friends and I are around 24). Why? Because it is great multiplayer fun, so yes Mario Strikers is a proper game because it is FUN. 

Not all gamers want full realism, do you understand that in your ignorance? I want arcade style pcik up and play because I don't have hours to play games every day any more.