By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Dragon Age: Origins very likely to be Roleplaying Game of the Year (2009)

Dragon Age Origins Gameplay (low quality)

Dragon Age: Origins is essentially:

- Keeping Baldur's Gate gameplay intact.

- Adding Enviromental Interactivity in combat.

- Cinematic Dialogue Scenes and cutscenes in general, à la Mass Effect.

- Party consists of 4 characters max, which is more than Mass Effect/Kotor, but less than Baldur's Gate.

- When you're exploring, your camera will be the usual close and behind your character. But in combat, You can choose the Camera to be isometric (like Baldur's Gate), or zoomed in (like Kotor).

- Will include advanced toolset, which will be awesome for modding.

- It's envisioned as a Dark Fantasy, with high level of maturity.

- Lots of Gore and Blood.

- It's definitely more than 15 hours (lol bye Mass Effect lol).

If Dragon Age: Origins does what it is promised, it will easily be the best RPG of 2009, the Best RPG of Bioware and, consequently, the Best RPG of ALLTIME!!!!

Dragon Age: Origins is being released Q1 2009.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/

Around the Network

If this is the true successor of Baldur's Gate I can say only one thing : alleluia

Seems like Neverwinter Nights. Looks good. But do you have any idea what are the minimum requirements to play it?

www.jamesvandermemes.com

looks good

yog-sothot said:
If this is the true successor of Baldur's Gate I can say only one thing : alleluia

damn right!!! if Dragon Age: Origins beats BG2 in awesomeness, it will be the best rpg ever IMO

Around the Network

If it's similar to Baldur's Gate in the gameplay and atmosphere department, then it probably will be game of the year.

Plus it's coming to PS360. :)

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:

It's not, it's PC exclusive.

Jesus, people only say that because some reporters messed up on interpretating the statement at E3.

Isn't this game PC only? Unfortunate. I wish I had the rig needed to run it.

Anyway, everytime Bioware releases a new game, it's hailed as "Best of all time" "Best bioware game of all time," ect. These games have always been similar to the formula laid out in the original superior KOTOR. If it's better than KOTOR then you'll have something. Very unlikely.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

shio said:
Garcian Smith said:

It's not, it's PC exclusive.

Jesus, people only say that because some reporters messed up on interpretating the statement at E3.

I think they said it will com. Could you give us a link that proves they recanted their statement?