By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Dragon Age: Origins very likely to be Roleplaying Game of the Year (2009)

It doesn´t look and play that good.

Around the Network
epinefridis said:
shio said:
Garcian Smith said:
Plus it's coming to PS360. :)

It's not, it's PC exclusive.

Jesus, people only say that because some reporters messed up on interpretating the statement at E3.

I think they said it will com. Could you give us a link that proves they recanted their statement?

No. They said that "Dragon Age (franchise) is coming to PC, and consoles in the future", not Dragon Age: Origins itself.

Here the president of Bioware said again that the game is PC-only.

The gameplay of the game is also PC-centric, and would have to be almost completely redone for consoles. Hell, the engine of Dragon Age: Origins doesn't even support PS360.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Isn't this game PC only? Unfortunate. I wish I had the rig needed to run it.

Anyway, everytime Bioware releases a new game, it's hailed as "Best of all time" "Best bioware game of all time," ect. These games have always been similar to the formula laid out in the original superior KOTOR. If it's better than KOTOR then you'll have something. Very unlikely.

Well, Dragon Age: Origins is the spiritual sequel of Baldur's Gate 2, and we all know that BG2 is far superior than Kotor. So it's actually very likely that Dragon Age: Origins will put Kotor to shame.

Whoa... Fantastic. I'm really looking forward to this.

Is it a D&D game?

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Around the Network
king_of_the_castle said:
Is it a D&D game?

Nope.

shio said:

If Dragon Age: Origins does what it is promised, it will easily be the best RPG of 2009, the Best RPG of Bioware and, consequently, the Best RPG of ALLTIME!!!!

Dragon Age: Origins is being released Q1 2009.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/

There is no chance that this game will be better than Earthbound.  This is another high fantasy, swords and magic, type of rpg that has done 1000 times before.  I have no doubt that it will be good, but not best of all time.

First impressions (and a very unfair one) was it reminded me of Lair...

It should be good - one of my best friends was animator on the project for a year or two (no longer still at Bioware alas...).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Looks great but Bioware have been going downhill for a while. Mass effect was great but it wasn't in the same league as BG2, if this is even half as good as that game it'll be the 2nd best game Bioware has ever made. But lets not kid ourselves Bioware and nowhere near the best in the business.

I think it looks great, but yeah, Mass Effect makes me cautious of Bioware, as it really wasn't the quality it should have been. Hopefully going back to PC development will change things.