By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Starfox Wii. Big 6.

I know the starfox series has been in a downward spiral, but I think starfox on wii would be very interesting.

Around the Network

Starfox: Mission to the Galactic Stratosphere, will be released for the Wii, next year. There's a new character, called "Gofree the Chicken."

RolStoppable said:
akuma587 said:
I underestimated how much even some of the unappreciated Mario Kart versions, like Double Dash sold. Maybe it will have some staying power.

Double Dash was an unappreciated version? Well, I guess that falls in line that it was really popular last generation to talk bad (i.e. games are not as good as on the N64 or SNES, Nintendo's games lost quality) about nearly every game Nintendo made (Super Mario Sunshine comes to mind, BenKenobi88) for the GC. Many games got discredited even though a lot of people didn't play those GC games or only spent an hour or less on them. Also myths like Nintendo would go 3rd party soon, just like Sega, were created.

If you look objective at the Mario Kart series, Mario Kart 64 clearly is the game that doesn't live up to the quality of the other games and is the worst in the series. It just seemed rushed. Anyone who played Double Dash or Mario Kart DS will have a hard time going back to MK64, while the original and Super Circuit are still easily good enough to be enjoyable.

As for declining sales of the series: Mario Kart 64 sold more units than Double Dash, but when you compare the numbers of sold games and sold consoles, the attach ratio is about the same for both games. The selling power of Mario Kart is still there, the DS game is approaching the 7m mark. 7m is not bad at all for a single game.

Does anyone here really think that Nintendo is going to do a bad job on Mario Kart Wii or that it won't be well received by Wii owners? Don't forget the online mode, this game will sell big time. Big 4.

Animal Crossing Wii. Big 5.

and mario kart DS is still selling strong. I preferred DD over Mario Kart 64 personally, but it really was under-appreciated. It really is much more difficult than the DS version which I find too easy now.

Anyone who thinks Mario Kart Wii will not be a big game is kidding themselves, it will easily outsell metroid prime and I predict it will outsell brawl. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!